• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can Nobody know???

gabbadude

It seems that in my previous post, it was ABANDONED because it looks like NOONE knows the viable solution to remove the shipping completely!!

I can't believe that with all the users of osC in the world, that I am the only one who needs this and there is no solution!

Come ON guys!! SOMEBODY must have sucessfully removed the Shipping methods!!

Refer to thread 142188

PLEASE!!!

>_< :( :'( :blink: :o :huh: :blush:

If you remove (uninstal) the modules you will not be asked for shipping options. Do you want to bypass the Delivery Information part of the check out?

You can do that several ways. Simpest would be just to change the text on that page... in the language files so that it states something about the download if you are allowing for downloads and not deliveries. Then remove the php code on the left about changing the address and on the right that incerts their address information. Or you could remove that part of the table all together so you only have a comments box.

When you get to the Payment Information stage just remove the top part of the table concerning the address.

On the Order Confirmation part do the same thing.

Should work. Not sure why the contribution suggested on the other thread didn't work for you though. It should have.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Wendy,

Thank you so much for replying. I really need help. I have re-installed a fresh copy of osCommerce. Would you be so kind as to try and remove the shipping options because I have already uninstalled the shipping modules but it didn't work. Can you please try and do it for me.

http://www.proxemics.co.za/proxemics/

http://www.proxemics.co.za/proxemics/admin/

I would so appreciate this.

-gabbadude

Well as of right now, there is no option to select for the shipping options because there are none installed.

If you want the other things I mentioned above to not show up you will have to edit the php files. It is not something I can do through your admin or anything.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Wendy,

Thank you for trying. I obviously haven't made myself clear enough and I Truly apologise for that.

My jargon obviously never aided you in your assistance. I actually needed the Delivery Information request to not show-up at all. The website needs to be configured for only local customers and all products will be picked up at the store.

I really am sorry and I truly appreciate your assistance.

To do this, do I need to edit the php files?

thank you again

-gabbadude

Not sure what berkedam said in the other thread but there is a contribution to use for what you want to do, or you can do what I suggested up above and yes... need to edit the PHP to get rid of any reference to the address in the check out process. I would go with the contribution if it was me.

I knew what you were talking about, your jargon was pretty clear. =)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ustomer+pick+up

should do what you want with just a little bit of tweeking. It allows the customer to choose between shipping or deliver.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ustomer+pick+up

has an option for delivery and charging for delivery... kinda handy if you offer that or could offer that

Good luck =)

Wendy James

You are welcome =)

Wendy,

YOU ARE A STAR!!!!

I installed the Local Delivery option and the store pick-up onto a test site here at home. This is PERFECT now. Exactly what I am looking for. I can't wait to get the site up and running now. I truly wish that everyone could see how you helped me in my time of desparation. This means that I don't even have to get rid of the delivery page. Just alter it to make it work for me!

THANK YOU WENDY!!! :D :thumbsup:

Archived