• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stylesheet Difficulties

darkangel13

Hello,

I've been using the OS for about6-7 months now. I was not a code person before using so it's been a learning process all the way.

I have a store up and running now we are getting in orders and things seem to be working.

Only issue i am having is regarding the look of the category navbar on the left hand side of the page.

I have no clue how to neaten it up to make it look less squished together. Somebody mentioned styelsheets however I have no clue where to find them or how to change them in any way.

Is there somebody who could help me out with this simple tweak. The link to the store if you want to see it currently is below.

Thanks,

Michael S. Wood

my store is at:

www.magicparlor.com click on online store

Hi,

you are not using the center store so you have plenty of space in the middle you could assign to the side columns.

Go to includes/application_top, around line 50-60 (I have installed mods so not sure) find this:

// customization for the design layout

define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

Personally, I use 135, you could even use up to 150 depending on category length, I think it would look much better in your store.

Would you like to unsquish it between the lines too? If yes I'd need to look into that. I think when he lines get unfolded it may not be necessary.

:-)

Monika

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Only issue i am having is regarding the look of the category navbar on the left hand side of the page.

I have no clue how to neaten it up to make it look less squished together. Somebody mentioned styelsheets however I have no clue where to find them or how to change them in any way.

Categories Box Bullet and Line

- This will add a seperation line between the categories

- This will add a bullet image for each category and sub category

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2105/

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Hi,

you are not using the center store so you have plenty of space in the middle you could assign to the side columns.

Go to includes/application_top, around line 50-60 (I have installed mods so not sure) find this:

// customization for the design layout

define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

Personally, I use 135, you could even use up to 150 depending on category length, I think it would look much better in your store.

Would you like to unsquish it between the lines too? If yes I'd need to look into that. I think when he lines get unfolded it may not be necessary.

Monika

Hello,

thanks for replying. I don't mean to sound ignorant but i have no clue where to find what you are talking about.

I think I found what I want to do but just do not know how to do it.

I would like a line seperating each category but hav no clue what to do.

Let me explain my situation to you.

I have an online store that I am webmastering for a small business in town that i help out. I go into the online store via my browser ad items and such. Our web hoster did most of the set-up and file work. I am doing the image uploading and minor programming.

Where do I go within the administration tool that i use now to upload items and fix the navbar.

i'm not too too hot with coding...

Thanks,

Categories Box Bullet and Line

- This will add a seperation line between the categories

- This will add a bullet image for each category and sub category

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2105/

Hello,

thanks for replying. I don't mean to sound ignorant but i have no clue where to find what you are talking about.

I think I found what I want to do but just do not know how to do it.

I would like a line seperating each category but hav no clue what to do.

Let me explain my situation to you.

I have an online store that I am webmastering for a small business in town that i help out. I go into the online store via my browser ad items and such. Our web hoster did most of the set-up and file work. I am doing the image uploading and minor programming.

Where do I go within the administration tool that i use now to upload items and fix the navbar.

i'm not too too hot with coding...

You can not do anything in the admin area to adjust the spacing between links, and if you are unfamiliar with html and coding I find myself having a hard time suggesting anything.

You need to go into your webspace via FTP and edit pages that are up there to make the changes you want to, whether you use a contribution (the one bglkk suggested would work well) or you do it manually.

If you attempt making changes make sure you BACK UP any page you are working on incase something messes up you can go back to what was working.

Good luck.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived