• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

not in stock, still showing

Monika in Germany

Hi,

I have a few articles in limited quantities. I just checked it, and even though one is down to zero it shows.

Here are my admin settings:

Check stock level true

Subtract stock true

Allow Checkout false

Mark product out of stock ***

Stock Re-order level 5

What to do now?

TIA

Monika

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I also have a similar Issue.

I understand the way the OSC system is setup that is places a marker next to out of stock items. Ive searched the contributions sections on forum and site and cant seem to find one that simple makes so that out of stock items are not displayed in the products avaliable to customer.

Can anyone help with this please?

Go into your catalog listing.

For the products that you don't want to appear, change the Status from the green dot to the red dot. (You can do it from each category page, or by editing a specific product.

When the light is 'red,' nobody will see the product.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Go into your catalog listing.

For the products that you don't want to appear, change the Status from the green dot to the red dot. (You can do it from each category page, or by editing a specific product.

When the light is 'red,' nobody will see the product.

HTH,

Terry

Thanks Terry, I can do that this time, but normally I won't be online all day just to check for sales. I need something reliable that takes care of this itself.

Actually, I have seen lots of posts complaining items on zero are disappearing, even when they don't want that. Well I do so I need help with the settings!!!

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

If you install EasyPopulate, it will automatically "hide" any item where the inventory is 0 (or less). You could just install that contrib, even if you don;t ever use the "uplaod" part. i think then all you'd have to do is download your catalog and reupload it. After that it would be automatic.

Hi,

I have a few articles in limited quantities. I just checked it, and even though one is down to zero it shows.

Here are my admin settings:

Check stock level true 

Subtract stock true 

Allow Checkout false 

Mark product out of stock *** 

Stock Re-order level 5 

What to do now?

TIA

Monika

That is strange as I have my stock settings the same and once a product reaches zero stock it is automatically hidden by osC. I have MS 2.2 and it has never worked otherwise since I started.

Have you made changes which could have impact on this ?

That is strange as I have my stock settings the same and once a product reaches zero stock it is automatically hidden by osC. I have MS 2.2 and it has never worked otherwise since I started.

nope no changes done that go into this direction. I too think it's weird.

I may try the easypopulate suggestion ...

Monika

nope no changes done that go into this direction. I too think it's weird.

I may try the easypopulate suggestion ...

Have you checked if stock amount does get subtracted properly and updated in your database ? Going through Easypopulate seems like a 'mile on seven' so to speak.

I tried is the way it works for you making sure that mine is subtracting product properly doing a few test sales to sell my self out of the product when i refreshed the list it still appears there even though it says its inventory is 0. I have made no modifications to it at this time either.

I guess ill have to looking to the easy populate option also.

I tried is the way it works for you making sure that mine is subtracting product properly doing a few test sales to sell my self out of the product when i refreshed the list it still appears there even though it says its inventory is 0. I have made no modifications to it at this time either.

I guess ill have to looking to the easy populate option also.

Just a thought; are you guys/girls using some type of cache contribution ?

As far as i know I am not. I have all my information be stored to the mysql database. Not exactly sure what this cache deal is your refering too.

As far as i know I am not. I have all my information be stored to the mysql database. Not exactly sure what this cache deal is your refering too.

well I changed to show stock (have a show stock mod) so the user can see it's out of stock, and then you can't order it as allow checkout is false. It works although it's not pretty.

Monika

Cache which stores the category box, products, products listing etc. to gain performance. Normally that shouldn't give this kind of problem but you never know. As it isn't the case it must be something else and I really wonder what that could be while these stock settings work for the majority but appearantly not for you two. So to be sure: you have the same Admin->Configuration->Stock settings as mentioned in the first post of this thread. You have a product with let's say a quantity of one, it gets sold, you go to the admin->catalog and look at the product where you still see the green light burning while the Products Quantity for that product is correctly changed to zero ?

Cache which stores the category box, products, products listing etc. to gain performance. Normally that shouldn't give this kind of problem but you never know. As it isn't the case it must be something else and I really wonder what that could be while these stock settings work for the majority but appearantly not for you two. So to be sure: you have the same Admin->Configuration->Stock settings as mentioned in the first post of this thread. You have a product with let's say a quantity of one, it gets sold, you go to the admin->catalog and look at the product where you still see the green light burning while the Products Quantity for that product is correctly changed to zero ?

yep, that's exactly the scenario!

Monika

yep, that's exactly the scenario!

Should have asked rightaway: going through your phpMyAdmin and looking inside the table Products for the field products_status says 0 for the product out of stock? If so than the big question is why it doesn't get picked up by osC.

You work with osCommerce MS 2.2 ? PHP/Zend/SQL version ?

Ok im using the OSC 2.2 MS2, cache is off and the same setting as Monikas orginal post. No modifications made at all. Its on a Linux Box with PHP version 4.3.9 & MySQL version 4.0.22

Site is currently residing at http://www.gamegodz.us/nowthen while it is being worked on.

So im totaly lost on why it would work for some people and now me lol

Ok im using the OSC 2.2 MS2, cache is off and the same setting as Monikas orginal post. No modifications made at all. Its on a Linux Box with PHP version 4.3.9 & MySQL version 4.0.22

Site is currently residing at http://www.gamegodz.us/nowthen while it is being worked on.

So im totaly lost on why it would work for some people and now me lol

Well, I just ordered your whole stock, 4, of Loxodon Punisher and I don't see them anymore. It must be really something local on your side ?!

Should have asked rightaway: going through your phpMyAdmin and looking inside the table Products for the field products_status says 0 for the product  out of stock? If so than the big question is why it doesn't get picked up by osC.

You work with osCommerce MS 2.2 ? PHP/Zend/SQL version ?

Ok I sooooooooooo suck ...

I had changed the quantity to zero and not changed the status (via quickupdate, manually). So of course it still got picked up. I changed another quantitiy to 1, bought that article, the system changed it to zero and status to invalid, and it's gone. Sigh. It works :-).

Monika

Ok I sooooooooooo suck ...

I had changed the quantity to zero and not changed the status (via quickupdate, manually). So of course it still got picked up. I changed another quantitiy to 1, bought that article, the system changed it to zero and status to invalid, and it's gone. Sigh. It works :-).

Glad to hear you got it solved !

Grtz.

Howard

I want to be in your shoes! I want the product to continue showing after it has been decremented to 0! I need to still show the product with "Out of Stock" label....

Problem is... once quantity is 0, the status gets swtiched off.... How do I do it so that status is still active even when quantity is 0???

Coz once it's inactive, I can't take advance orders....

Hope you guys understand and can help out...

Thanks in advance.

I want to be in your shoes! I want the product to continue showing after it has been decremented to 0! I need to still show the product with "Out of Stock" label....

Problem is... once quantity is 0, the status gets swtiched off.... How do I do it so that status is still active even when quantity is 0???

Coz once it's inactive, I can't take advance orders....

Hope you guys understand and can help out...

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

have you set Allow Checkout true?

That should take care of it ...

Monika

Monika

Hi,

have you set Allow Checkout true?

That should take care of it ...

Monika

Is there a way to keep the product active after the quantity hits zero and not allow the visitor to checkout? Basically, I have a small inventory and I want people to see what I have even if its sold out but not be able to purchase the item.

Is there a way to keep the product active after the quantity hits zero and not allow the visitor to checkout? Basically, I have a small inventory and I want people to see what I have even if its sold out but not be able to purchase the item.

This contribution I find a nice base to do that (it shows a sold picture when quantity reaches zero and prevents adding to cart after that). Can be made multilanguage rather easily.

Archived