osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Kick me.....

^Pariah^

I am missing something quite simple and basic - as I always seem to do *sigh*

html makes sense

php makes sense

Getting them to play nicely together doesn't

Does php site inside html ? or vice versa ? or doesn't it really matter ?

I have gone thru so many tutorials this past week...

... and all I have done is confused myself even further

Can somebody please /kick me in the right direction ?

Basically, I wanna change the layout of new_products.php ( have already managed to figure out the random bits, dropping pricing etc )

I am one of these wierd people that likes the boxiness so want to keep that

But I envisage something like a table of 3 cols and 4 rows

0,0 = random.graphic

0,1 to 0,2 = a nice paragraph about nothing at all to do with the graphic but with hrefs to FAQ sections

1,0 to 1,1 = a nice paragraph about nothing at all to do with the graphic but with hrefs to FAQ sections

1,2 = random.graphic

and do it all again ( for a total of 4 alternating images and paragraphs )

( gawd ! I couldn't even get the forum to lay it out - sorry about the row,column numbers like that ! )

Essentially, this will become the front page - will get rid of "Welcome, blah blah.. " and keep column left

As I said, some 'gentle' kicks or nudges are muchly needed and greatly appreciated

Thankee Muchlee B)

I am missing something quite simple and basic - as I always seem to do *sigh*

html makes sense

php makes sense

Getting them to play nicely together doesn't

Does php site inside html ? or vice versa ? or doesn't it really matter ?

I have gone thru so many tutorials this past week...

... and all I have done is confused myself even further

Can somebody please /kick me in the right direction ?

Basically, I wanna change the layout of new_products.php ( have already managed to figure out the random bits, dropping pricing etc )

I am one of these wierd people that likes the boxiness so want to keep that

But I envisage something like a table of 3 cols and 4 rows

0,0 = random.graphic                     

0,1 to 0,2 = a nice paragraph about nothing at all to do with the graphic but with hrefs to FAQ sections

1,0 to 1,1 = a nice paragraph about nothing at all to do with the graphic but with hrefs to FAQ sections

1,2 = random.graphic

and do it all again ( for a total of 4 alternating images and paragraphs )

( gawd ! I couldn't even get the forum to lay it out - sorry about the row,column numbers like that ! )

Essentially, this will become the front page - will get rid of "Welcome, blah blah.. " and keep column left

As I said, some 'gentle' kicks or nudges are muchly needed and greatly appreciated

Thankee Muchlee  B)

Not sure if this is what you want - but it may be a start there is a product listings select contribution that allows you to choose the layout of your product listings into rows or columns with the choice of text below the products.

The contrib search was not working when I tired it - so try later for product listings. Even if it isn't what you want it may give you coding ideas.

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Archived