• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove a category link from infobox

ugd

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to remove a category link from the categories info box. I do not want to disable the specific category or the products in it. I have a navigation bar at the top that I would like to put this specific category in, thus I do not want it showing in the info box.

I have tried messing with sort order in admin to no avail.

I have found this contribution Enable and Disable categories, but if I read that correctly that will disable it completely from view, search, and the products from populating the whats new, specials, etc. boxes.... not what I want to do. :(

I guess what I need to know is if the above contrib will work with a direct url to the disabled category and can it be amended so that the products will populate the specials box.... or if there is easier way around this that I am overlooking.

Thank you,

Debbie

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to remove a category link from the categories info box.  I do not want to disable the specific category or the products in it.  I have a navigation bar at the top that I would like to put this specific category in, thus I do not want it showing in the info box. 

I have tried messing with sort order in admin to no avail.

I have found this contribution Enable and Disable categories, but if I read that correctly that will disable it completely from view, search, and the products from populating the whats new, specials, etc. boxes.... not what I want to do.  :( 

I guess what I need to know is if the above contrib will work with a direct url to the disabled category and can it be amended so that the products will populate the specials box.... or if there is easier way around this that I am overlooking.

Thank you,

Debbie

in the code for the categories box you see this query:

$categories_query =

tep_db_query("select c.categories_id,

cd.categories_name,

c.parent_id

from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c,

" . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd

where c.parent_id = '0' and

c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and

cd.language_id='" . $languages_id ."'

order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

simply exclude the categories you do not want shown there

in this case categories 25 and 34

$categories_query =

tep_db_query("select c.categories_id,

cd.categories_name,

c.parent_id

from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c,

" . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd

where c.parent_id = '0' and

c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and

c.categories_id != 25 and

c.categories_id != 34 and

cd.language_id='" . $languages_id ."'

order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

Treasurer MFC

Boxtel you are wonderful! Thank you. Exactly what I wanted and works like a charm. To think, I searched for hours to do a 2-second fix. Oh well, on to gift voucher contrib now. :D

Thanks again,

Debbie

Archived