• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Install Problems with Paypal & Shipping

NagiWKI

Hi,

I installed osCommerce this weekend and have managed to stubborn my way through getting it going, including working the kinks out of the USPS shipping tools. I'm getting the following problem, though:

When you check out the order, the shipping calculates correctly and the order subtotals and totals correctly except for two things:

1. If you choose Paypal.com as your payment method, paypal ignores the shipping charges altogether and only charges the customer the price of the item.

2. I'm lost on the Paypal IPN install. I tried translating the German instruction text to English over at Google, but that didn't really help much, so if that's the fix I need some guidance on how to do it.

Also, I've been searching the archives for info on how to take donations and how to set up recurring subscription type payments (for pledges). We're using OSC on a 501-c-3 website to sell our resource materials, but also for handling transactions for supporting memberships, pledges, spontaneous donations, and event registrations. Any help on the side would be appreciated. Your pro-bono services can possibly be written off!

Thanks in advance,

Valerie

www.wisdomkeepers.org/catalog

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I installed osCommerce this weekend and have managed to stubborn my way through getting it going, including working the kinks out of the USPS shipping tools. I'm getting the following problem, though:

When you check out the order, the shipping calculates correctly and the order subtotals and totals correctly except for two things:

1. If you choose Paypal.com as your payment method, paypal ignores the shipping charges altogether and only charges the customer the price of the item.

2. I'm lost on the Paypal IPN install. I tried translating the German instruction text to English over at Google, but that didn't really help much, so if that's the fix I need some guidance on how to do it.

Also, I've been searching the archives for info on how to take donations and how to set up recurring subscription type payments (for pledges). We're using OSC on a 501-c-3 website to sell our resource materials, but also for handling transactions for supporting memberships, pledges, spontaneous donations, and event registrations. Any help on the side would be appreciated. Your pro-bono services can possibly be written off!

Thanks in advance,

Valerie

www.wisdomkeepers.org/catalog

If you find out what is making this happen I would appreciate the info. I have the same problem. I have checked the transaction-based override box in PayPal but it only seems to work about once in 20 sales. :(