• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where Do I ajust the title of the page?

advitar84

Title of all pages set in includes/languages/english.php, or can be set individually in the root file of every page (in 'catalog' level if you have installed in a folder).

What's New Here you'll find in includes/languages/english/index.php

Do not edit files using the osC File Manager - download, take a backup, edit in Notepad, upload again - any probs restore from the backup you made.

Any text you enter with apostrophies escape with a backslash e.g.

Let's = wrong

Let\'s = right

Vger

Dane, open up root/includes/languages/english/index.php file in a good editor . Hope you would be acting upon Vger's nice suggestions. Go to line no 39:

It is

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here?');

Change it and save the file. Your are done.

Irfan,

Was following this thread with the same question and navigated to File Manager

/home/yeolemag/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog//includes/languages

Filename: english.php

I am showing an error message at the top of the english.php page which reads "I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/yeolemag/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog//includes/languages/english.php"

At the same time, in searching this file I am at a loss as to seeing anything that looks remotely like " define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here?')". So, now the question becomes either A.) am I so new at this that I am not anywhere near the right file (which is entirely possible)? or B.) how does one set the user permisions for this file. ?

Archived