• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

just uploaded oscommerce need help

hondauser85

i uploaded oscommerce to my server everything seemed to work fine i checked the database and there are lots of tables in there but i dont know what to do from here when i go to my home page at www.mydiscountelectronix.com i get an error do i have to make a webpage or what, i thought oscommerce does that for you and all you have to do is make it your own with descriptions,pics and things of that sort? please i am new to all of this please any help is greatly appreciated. :D

First off, go to the Knowledge Base and read the Installation Guide.

Then, go to http://www.mydiscountelectronix.com/install and begin the installation procedure.

Vger

i did then got here and this is what i got......osCommerce Configuration

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Table 'discountdb.configuration' doesn't exist

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

Have you asked your web host to create a database for you? (Or are you allowed to create one yourself through an interface/cpanel on your account page?) That'll be your next step...

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

i did then got here and this is what i got......osCommerce Configuration

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Table 'discountdb.configuration' doesn't exist

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

You should be able to use the control panel from your host (cPanel, Plesk, custom etc.) to create an empty database. Then create a username + password with all privileges for that database. And finally, use that information for your osCommerce installation.

You should be able to use the control panel from your host (cPanel, Plesk, custom etc.) to create an empty database.  Then create a username + password with all privileges for that database.  And finally, use that information for your osCommerce installation.

i did set up the database with the user name of discountdb so i dont understand why i cant install oscommerce properly when i do an install i see all the files are on the sever and when i look at the database there are 4 tables in there

i did set up the database with the user name of discountdb so i dont understand why i cant install oscommerce properly when i do an install i see all the files are on the sever and when i look at the database there are 4 tables in there

ok i did a fresh install deleted everything off the server and deleted the database and heres what i got New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen, fwrite, fread, file, fpassthru, file, mail, opendir, readdir, closedir() has been disabled for security reasons in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen, fwrite, fread, file, fpassthru, file, mail, opendir, readdir, closedir() has been disabled for security reasons in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

when i try to click on the admin tool or catalog button it directs me to a 404 error page

ok i did a fresh install deleted everything off the server and deleted the database and heres what i got New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen, fwrite, fread, file, fpassthru, file, mail, opendir, readdir, closedir() has been disabled for security reasons in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen, fwrite, fread, file, fpassthru, file, mail, opendir, readdir, closedir() has been disabled for security reasons in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\hosting\hondauser85\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

when i try to click on the admin tool or catalog button it directs me to a 404 error page

also i just deactivated the enable front page extensions on the database server plus after i install oscommerce when i go to my domain of www.mydiscountelectronix.com it automatically redirects me to http://www.mydiscountelectronix.com/install/index.php shouldnt it take me to a sample storefront or something else or what do i have to do next to make this oscommerce thing work...

dont know im using godaddys

According to NetCraft, GoDaddy uses Windows 2003 server. What I don't know is if they are using Apache or IIS with PHP.

There are many issues with using GoDaddy for osCommerce, it might be a good idea to search the forum to see if there solutions to your problem. While you are at it, you might also want to search on how GoDaddy uses "Directory Password Protection" feature as they don't support .htaccess. You might also want to e-mail them for support.

According to NetCraft, GoDaddy uses Windows 2003 server.  What I don't know is if they are using Apache or IIS with PHP.

There are many issues with using GoDaddy for osCommerce, it might be a good idea to search the forum to see if there solutions to your problem.  While you are at it, you might also want to search on how GoDaddy uses "Directory Password Protection" feature as they don't support .htaccess.  You might also want to e-mail them for support.

this is what i found out * Clicking the "Enable Access Database Support" link above will create a "private" directory in your hosting directory called "access_db." This directory will already have the appropriate database permissions set. Once created, you should upload your Access database file to the "access_db" directory.

Please note that a File DSN is not required for the Access database to work. The File DSN feature is provided as a convenience. By using a File DSN you can have your database connection information centrally stored for easier code maintenance.

According to NetCraft, GoDaddy uses Windows 2003 server.? What I don't know is if they are using Apache or IIS with PHP.

There are many issues with using GoDaddy for osCommerce, it might be a good idea to search the forum to see if there solutions to your problem.? While you are at it, you might also want to search on how GoDaddy uses "Directory Password Protection" feature as they don't support .htaccess.? You might also want to e-mail them for support.

I actually use oscommerce with godaddy with no problems, including fully functioning .htaccess. I did not need to create any special settings or modify any code. It worked right from basic installation.

EDIT: Then again, this may only be if you choose to have a windows server with their deluxe package. I am using the economy plan which uses Linux.

I actually use oscommerce with godaddy with no problems, including fully functioning .htaccess. I did not need to create any special settings or modify any code. It worked right from basic installation.

EDIT: Then again, this may only be if you choose to have a windows server with their deluxe package. I am using the economy plan which uses Linux.

whats the difference if i choose to go with linux

whats the difference if i choose to go with linux

Obvious benifits are: Linux offers .htaccess (security, download products etc.) support and you don't have to worry about reconfiguring e-mail settings to smtp, crlf etc.

Archived