• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Private Store Help

Hello There,

I am in the process of building an OSCommerce site that will be used to cater to specific clientele.

Basically in an ideal situation, a client would click on the corporate account link, they would be prompted by apache to input a username and password which I would provide them, and then they would be taken to the index of the osc shop.

At the index of the osc shop, they would then select the items they would like to order and proceed to checkout, at which they then input their billing and shipping information.

I browsed around some contributions and found one called "PWA", it is to purchase without an account. If I made this contribution work, I could then theorhetically just enable the apache authentication, and it would work. The problem with this is that I have already finished a fairly heavily modified theme, and not only does this replace a majority of files that have already been replaced, but it adds new ones that do not conform to the theme either. I may be forced to bite the bullet and make this contribution work.

The only other idea I could think of would be to somehow have apache pass the username and password to osc, and then have the page load at index.php with the client already logged in. This would be even better, but I have no idea if that's even possible.

The goal is to have a secure, private shop, that only certain individuals can see or access.

Thank you so much for any input :)