• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin section

Eitan

hi guys, im about to go online with my site, right now its a certain ip address, but when it turns to the url all anybody has to do is www.myurl.com/admin/ and they cna get into my admin section. how do i put a password on that? or do i just remove the admin directory? any help is appriciated

Thanks in advance

Eitan

Hi:

You need to either install htaccess to control the admin or install a contribution that password protects the admin. There are a bunch of contributions that deal with this but you could try this one ( I didn't use this but thought it might help you on your way):

authorize admins using htaccess

HTH,

Sarah

First of all you rename the 'admin' folder to something unique - thus reducing the chances of anyone finding it. Then in admin/includes/configure.php change the two references to /admin/ to /newname/

Then you go to your web hosting control panel and use their Password Protect or Directory Protection feature to password protect that renamed folder.

Vger

Why not just Password Protect the original 'Admin' folder ?

Why rename it first ?

Jeff

First of all you rename the 'admin' folder to something unique - thus reducing the chances of anyone finding it.  Then in admin/includes/configure.php change the two references to /admin/ to /newname/

Then you go to your web hosting control panel and use their Password Protect or Directory Protection feature to password protect that renamed folder.

Vger

Archived