• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

File Manager Problem

lifestyleITsol

Hi Folks,

First of all im very impressed with oscommerce and am looking forward to learning how to use it and hopefully sell loads of stuff! Its great to see a community working together to make great opensource software so well done to all involved!

I recently took out a hosting plan with a local supplier and OScommerce came built in. I have activated it and it seems to have installed okay and is ready for configuration. When I follow the documentation to start editing the first page through the define languages page i get the following message:

Warning: dir(E:\\hshome\\lifestyl\\lifestyle.ie..//catalog/includes/languages/english): failed to open dir: Invalid argument in E:\hshome\lifestyl\lifestyle.ie\admin\define_language.php on line 152

That folder does exist on the servers hdd but i still get that msg.

When I try to open file manager i get the following message:

Warning: dir(E:\\hshome\\lifestyl\\lifestyle.ie../): failed to open dir: Invalid argument in E:\hshome\lifestyl\lifestyle.ie\admin\file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in E:\hshome\lifestyl\lifestyle.ie\admin\file_manager.php on line 179

Also when im in the catalog menu i get the following message at the top in red:

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: E:\\hshome\\lifestyl\\lifestyle.ie..//catalog/images/

The site address is www.lifestyle.ie/catalog

This is all very new to me so im holding my hands up and saying i dunno what to do now :)

Any help gratefully accepted :)

Hi, Well first of all, if this is an automated install you should not be getting any error messages. Automated installs do things that manual installs don't do - and 'tidy up' after themselves. Resetting permissions on files for one thing.

I do not get any error message related to the images directory when I visit your site - so maybe you should clear out your temporary internet files and offline content on your computer.

Vger

No errors come up in the catalog, its only in the admin section that it says it cant find certain files as per the first post. I've tried resetting the oscommerce installation and deleting it then reinstalling it but file manager just wont work still giving the following msg:

Warning: dir(E:\\hshome\\lifestyl\\lifestyle.ie../): failed to open dir: Invalid argument in E:\hshome\lifestyl\lifestyle.ie\admin\file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in E:\hshome\lifestyl\lifestyle.ie\admin\file_manager.php on line 179

Hi,  Well first of all, if this is an automated install you should not be getting any error messages.  Automated installs do things that manual installs don't do - and 'tidy up' after themselves.  Resetting permissions on files for one thing.

I do not get any error message related to the images directory when I visit your site - so maybe you should clear out your temporary internet files and offline content on your computer.

Vger

ok so how do i actually go about editing the index page? Sorry if the question is stupid, complete newbie! Should i be using dreamweaver or something to actually edit the page offline? I get the same kind of error when i try to edit the page through the language options

Warning: dir(E:\\hshome\\lifestyl\\lifestyle.ie..//catalog/includes/languages/english): failed to open dir: Invalid argument in E:\hshome\lifestyl\lifestyle.ie\admin\define_language.php on line 152

Im also getting an error on top of the page in pink saying the backup directory doesnt exist even tho i can see the folder on the server when i FTP into it?

any help greatfully appreciated.

RE: http://lifestyle.ie/catalog/admin/

Page cannot be found

RE: the built-in file_manager

DO NOT USE IT, NEVER EVER, IT'S BUGGY

FTP the file to your PC change it and upload again.

Archived