• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

VAT question again!

Twice_knightly

Hi

I have my store configured to display prices with tax and the 'order total' module is set to display tax = 'true'

I think this looks misleading though when you checkout because under billing information is displays:

Sub-Total ?**.** (which is the total amount inclusive of tax)

VAT ?**.** (which is the amount of tax on the net price of the above item)

Delivery ?**.**

Total ?**.** (total = sub-total + delivery, no calculation of tax)

What I'd like to see is having the store display prices with tax but on checkout the sub-total is the net price (exclusive of tax) + TAX + Delivery = Total

Is there anyway to do this, and is anybody else unhappy with how the checkout looks?

Cheers

Carl.

The whole checkout is a shambles imo - probably due to trying to cram too many redundant featues in there. Hopefully it will be better in the next version.

I started playing around with it, but after a day or two, realised that the only way I was going to get it to do exactly what I wanted was to rewrite it entirely.

The number of posts I see about taxes, shipping, subtotals and how they are calculated and ordered in the checkout is amazing. Trying to configure it via the admin is a pain, too.

Enough rambling - there might be an option in the admin somewhere to do what you want - change the order of the subtotals? Don't know really.

Archived