• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTML

Hi,

In HTML how do i put a line of text directly below another line of text, as at the moment when i put <br><br> it adds a big gap.

Also, if i have a lot of text on one page how can i make links at the top that then 'jump' to the corresponding paragraph below?

I would appreciate any help

Thanks in advance

Hi,

In HTML how do i put a line of text directly below another line of text, as at the moment when i put <br><br> it adds a big gap.

Also, if i have a lot of text on one page how can i make links at the top that then 'jump' to the corresponding paragraph below?

Thanks in advance

Just do one <br>!

Read a html tutorial on anchor links.

Johan a.k.a. T0PS3O elsewhere.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

For the paragraph, make a hyperlink for the point that you want at the top of the page like this:

<a href="#mylink">My Link</a>

Then, down below, make a link around the beginning of the paragraph or the heading for the paragraph that would look like this:

<a name="mylink">Beginning of paragraph here</a>

Then when you click on My Link, it will "jump down to the paragraph.

Hope this helps.

Angel

Hi,

Thanks in advance

For the paragraph, make a hyperlink for the point that you want at the top of the page like this:

<a href="#mylink">My Link</a>

Then, down below, make a link around the beginning of the paragraph or the heading for the paragraph that would look like this:

<a name="mylink">Beginning of paragraph here</a>

Then when you click on My Link, it will "jump down to the paragraph.

Hope this helps.

Angel

Thanks for the help, just one more thing as i'm rubbish with this sort of thing :blink: . I added it in like this as the table heading i wanted linking was Fuel table:

<a href=\"#Fuel table\">Fuel table</a>

then for the corresponding paragraph called fuel table i put:

<a name=\"Fuel table\">Fuel table</a>

I know this must be wrong, shock! as it takes me to my homepage, but where have I gone wrong?

Thanks again

To control precisely the gaps between various items on a page use the cascading stylesheet (stylesheet.css) and add some classes of your own. For instance, put this in the stylesheet:

DIV.a5{font-size:5pt}

This will give you a gap equivelant to 5pt text, and this is what you put in the html to do it:

<div class="a5"> </div>

If you want to make it a coloured gap, then do this (red):

DIV.a5{background:#ff0000;font-size:5pt}

You can also put a coloured font on a coloured background by doing this:

DIV.a5{background:#ff0000;font-size:10pt;font-style: Ariel,Courier;font-colour: #ffffff}

Then do this on the page

<div class="a5">Put some text here</div>

and you'll have a red background with white text on it, in Ariel 10 pts.

Vger

Thanks for the help, just one more thing as i'm rubbish with this sort of thing :blink: .  I added it in like this as the table heading i wanted linking was Fuel table:

<a href=\"#Fuel table\">Fuel table</a>

then for the corresponding paragraph called fuel table i put:

<a name=\"Fuel table\">Fuel table</a>

I know this must be wrong, shock! as it takes me to my homepage, but where have I gone wrong?

Thanks again

Try using no spaces like "Fueltable".

Angel

Archived