• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Delete the 'Bu Now' options

HI

am very new of OsCommerce and as a result have become a little stuck, have check thru the help files but still doesnt answer what im trying to do.

What i am trying to do with my site is to make it a classifieds store rather than a shop as such. Basically i want people to be able to trade cd, dvds etc on the site, there is no problems with getting the adverts on the site in the first place. However when they are on the site i want people to be able to click on them and for example get info about the items then email the seller to say they want to but.

If is all fine, i can manage this, however how do i get rid of the options which would allow the user to buy from the site, these are not needed and would confuse everything

thanks in advance

carl

HI Carl, I am doing a site that is just a product catalog. No way to buy online, there is a contribution that gets rid of the "buy now' buttons. you can actually replace the button with some text. That may help you, the contribution is located here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,buy+now

HI

am very new of OsCommerce and as a result have become a little stuck, have check thru the help files but still doesnt answer what im trying to do.

What i am trying to do with my site is to make it a classifieds store rather than a shop as such.  Basically i want people to be able to trade cd, dvds etc on the site, there is no problems with getting the adverts on the site in the first place.  However when they are on the site i want people to be able to click on them and for example get info about the items then email the seller to say they want to but.

If is all fine, i can manage this, however how do i get rid of the options which would allow the user to buy from the site, these are not needed and would confuse everything

thanks in advance

carl

thanks, sounds perfect for what im trying to do, excuse my stupidity, but i have downloaded all thre eof the zip files, do i now simple copy the contents of these files into the matching area of the oscommerce store and i building, thus overwriting what is there

You can also remove the "Buy Now" button, by setting the "display Buy Now" option to 0 in your shops Admin/ configuration / product listing options.

HTH

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Archived