• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FILENAME_DEFAULT = ''

JoeMcManus

Hi,

With in particular Google's indexing in mind, I'd like to change FILENAME_DEFAULT to '' -> an empty value. So all the continue buttons and the bread crumb nav trail aim to www.mydomain.co.uk/ instead of the index.

The / and the index.php page are seen as duplicates so I'd like to get rid of all references to index.php.

By setting FILENAME_DEFAULT = ''; Will I break any of OsC functionality?

Thanks.

Johan a.k.a. T0PS3O elsewhere.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

I'm not sure as to whether it will or not, but at the very least you will have to make sure that you don't have either an index.html or index.htm file anywhere in the root, else when people click the 'Catalog' link they'll end up on the html page by default. It would also be advisable to rem out the 'Top' link in application_top.php

Vger

Hi,

With in particular Google's indexing in mind, I'd like to change FILENAME_DEFAULT to '' -> an empty value. So all the continue buttons and the bread crumb nav trail aim to www.mydomain.co.uk/ instead of the index.

The / and the index.php page are seen as duplicates so I'd like to get rid of all references to index.php.

By setting FILENAME_DEFAULT = ''; Will I break any of OsC functionality?

Thanks.

better check all references in your files for index.php.

I am not sure why or where but I give you 95% it will break.

Treasurer MFC

'Top' is already deleted. No such htmls. I don;t use the catalog/ folder either.

I guess to back up for safety I can always mod rewrite index.* to the base domain.

The reference suggestion is a good one. I'll have a look there indeed.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

'Top' is already deleted. No such htmls. I don;t use the catalog/ folder either.

I guess to back up for safety I can always mod rewrite index.* to the base domain.

The reference suggestion is a good one. I'll have a look there indeed.

maybe the default store might work pretty much alright but many contributions will crash.

for instance: use page cache and goodbye....

Treasurer MFC

maybe the default store might work pretty much alright but many contributions will crash.

for instance: use page cache and goodbye....

Good point. I'll have to find out whether the contribs I use that utilize caching mechanisms cache the bare domain as well and how.

I guess it's easier to have everything references to index.php and avoid using the root than the other way around (like I want it).

• 4 weeks later...

In includes/functions/html_output.php find this code:

if (!tep_not_null($page)) {
     die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>');
   }

...just under add this code:

if ($page == '/') $page = '';

Then, change FILENAME_INDEX to '/'. Alll done and all osCsid's will still propogate. As a side note, I incorporate that feature in the Ultimate SEO URLs contribution since that's what I use on my development server. It works for all contributions and is completely compatible with osC tep API.

Bobby

Archived