• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error after switching servers

The site used to work just fine. However, we had some issues with the old server overheating and the site was moved over into a brand new server. The site stays up but now I get an error in several of the admin pages, but not all, that reads:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

As near as I can tell the problem with the SQL has to do with the "LIMIT" verb. LIMIT takes two parameters, the first is the record number (logical number starting at 0) to return, the second is the number of records to return. The first parameter is not allowed to be negative in the current version of MySQL. I am not sure why this worked in the past, near as I can tell it should not have. It is possible that the new version of PHP has somehow changed a behavior or default value. Obviously either something changed to make PHP calculate the value differently or mySQL has changed to enforce the starting record to be valid. So now I'm left with 2 issues. The first is where can I go in OSCommerce to change this value and the second issue is that once the value is changed will it have a negitive impact on any other part of the catalog.

This has become a major issue for me as one of the effected areas is the Geo_zones page and I'm having a tax problem right now "catalog charges everyone sales tax regardless of what state they are from" and I need access to this page in order to fix this problem.

Please help!!!

Archived