• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HUGE development help needed!

Andrius

OK what I would like to know is if this is even possible and if someone would be willing to help me get through developing this contribution... I am selling rims using OSCommerce however to make selecting rims to fit your car easier I would like to have a system like http://www.superbuywheel.com/vehicle/ in the aspect that if you mouse over ford in catagories it brings up all the ford cars then you mouse over let's say Ford --> Probe 93 - 97 then when you click on this 93-97 it displays only the ford probe 93 - 97 rims. It's so hard to describe so please view http://www.superbuywheel.com/vehicle/ and you will see what I am trying to get at using the current catagory type of setup. I don't know how to go about something like this or if it's even possible so ANY help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks so much in advance...

-Dave :blush:

This can be done using javascript and stylesheets.

My concern would be the size of this page since you would basically

have to load every type of car you have and hold them in memory,

making them visible on mouseovers.

I would be kinda tricky with 2 levels of drop down so you migh also

have to reformat the page a little.

This can be done using javascript and stylesheets.

My concern would be the size of this page since you would basically

have to load every type of car you have and hold them in memory,

making them visible on mouseovers.

I would be kinda tricky with 2 levels of drop down so you migh also

have to reformat the page a little.

it would actually require 3 levels of drop down menus. but I don't think the formatting of the left column would have to change that much...simple replace the catagories with 3 vertical drop down menus one for vehicle brand "ford" then vehicle model "Probe GT" then year "1993 - 1997" now all I need is for someone to give me support with links etc tutorials or something on HOW to get the ball rolling.

Any takers? It would be a pretty damned nice contribution I think once it's finished.

Archived