• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quickly Update Product Stock

homewetbar

The allowed me to access quick stock update without any dramas. However when I enter new stock this follow error comes up.

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Unable to access /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/tmp/qs_update.sql in /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 234

Warning: fopen(/home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/tmp/qs_update.sql) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 234

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Unable to access /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/tmp/debug.sql in /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 269

Warning: fopen(/home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/tmp/debug.sql) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 269

Edited by s e r e n i t y

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The allowed me to access quick stock update without any dramas. However when I enter new stock this follow error comes up.
Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Unable to access /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/tmp/qs_update.sql in /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 234

Warning: fopen(/home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/tmp/qs_update.sql) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 234

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Unable to access /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/tmp/debug.sql in /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 269

Warning: fopen(/home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/tmp/debug.sql) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ryanscom/public_html/catalog/admin/quick_stockupdate.php on line 269

Please make sure your tmp has all the correct permission. Please chmod tmp to 777

I downloaded the latest version and it works great! I had one question. Can I add a column for vendor price and product cost? If so how and where in the code?

Thanks

Matt

The folder you probably changed was named "temp". You need to create a new folder called "tmp" and set the permissions/ You should be able to create a new folder using ftp or your hosts file manager.

I downloaded the latest version and it works great! I had one question. Can I add a column for vendor price and product cost? If so how and where in the code?

Thanks

Matt

For you to do this, you will need to create a new database to store all the new values. This will be a great add-on, let's do this together

Can someone please help me out, I have don't know what I'm doing wrong

Hi Ryan,

Please allow me a few more days. I just camae back from a week holiday with my wife and kids, I will be updating with a code that does not require /tmp directory.

Cheers

Azrin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Azrin,

Before I found this contribution I found and installed Products Listing. It was almost what I was looking for. But I tried to add two features without success (sort/search by manufacturers and product status update).

I just looked at the included JPG with v3.5 and it looks close.

I am running version - osCommerce 2.2-MS2 060817 on a Linux server, MySQL 5 and PHP 5 in English.

I would assume this contribution would work with my install???

I have a couple of concerns/questions...

1. Is there a version that incorporates a sort/search by Manufactures that can be added back in?
  2. I would think I can deactivate the update function of the Model and Manufacturer to just display the info?
  3. The "In Stock" & "New Stock", do they add together? Meaning if I have 1 showing "In Stock" do I just enter 2 in the "New Stock" to equal 3 on hand?
  4. I have Show Sold out Items v1.1 contribution added. Changing the status to "Not Active" will it function ok with it?
  5. Does this version still need a tmp folder? If so where do I create it; root (/public_html/), catalog or admin?

Thanks ;)

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I am running version - osCommerce 2.2-MS2 060817 on a Linux server, MySQL 5 and PHP 5 in English.

1. Is there a version that incorporates a sort/search by Manufactures that can be added back in?
  2. I would think I can deactivate the update function of the Model and Manufacturer to just display the info?
  3. The "In Stock" & "New Stock", do they add together? Meaning if I have 1 showing "In Stock" do I just enter 2 in the "New Stock" to equal 3 on hand?
  4. I have Show Sold out Items v1.1 contribution added. Changing the status to "Not Active" will it function ok with it?

Thanks ;)

Scratch number 5, I found the answer DUH, tmp goes in the catalog directory.

Maybe I should wait for the next version that won't need the tmp folder?

• 2 weeks later...
Scratch number 5, I found the answer DUH, tmp goes in the catalog directory.

Maybe I should wait for the next version that won't need the tmp folder?

Sorry guys... I was a bit busy with my current day job. I've completed the version without the tmp folder but still not sure if it can handle a very large (>1000) items in one shot. I will try to upload it this week end.

As for the manufacture/status sorting, I think it can be done quite easily. Let me see if I can make it release together by this week end.

Cheers

Hey Azrin,

Before I found this contribution I found and installed Products Listing. It was almost what I was looking for. But I tried to add two features without success (sort/search by manufacturers and product status update).

I just looked at the included JPG with v3.5 and it looks close.

5. Does this version still need a tmp folder? If so where do I create it; root (/public_html/), catalog or admin?

Thanks ;)

Hey Jim,

To answer your Question:

Is there a version that incorporates a sort/search by Manufactures that can be added back in?

I'm working on it (a bit slow in progress :( )

I would think I can deactivate the update function of the Model and Manufacturer to just display the info?

It updates edited records only (do I answer you Q correctly?)

The "In Stock" & "New Stock", do they add together? Meaning if I have 1 showing "In Stock" do I just enter 2 in the "New Stock" to equal 3 on hand?

You can set the behavior of this under the Config->Quick Stock Updater page - by default it adds new quantity to existing ones

I have Show Sold out Items v1.1 contribution added. Changing the status to "Not Active" will it function ok with it?

I'm using the same addons and it will only show "sold out" if you set the quantity to 0

HTH

Azrin

Hey Azrin,

Thank you for the reply and answers to my questions. Yes, you answered them just fine. ;)

I am excited but willing to wait patiently for the release with the manufacturers addition. :D

I realize how real life work has a much higher priority and truely appreciate all the free work that people such as yourself gives back to the community.

I wish you luck with adding the manufacturers seach to the file. I know that feature would help me out tremendously as my database from my wholesalers are setup to work by sorting the manufacturers.

I tried adding this contribution - Manufacturers Dropdown Anywhere to the previously posted Product Listing v1.4 but found out it only works on the catalog side. I have no clue regarding PHP so I can only guess and hack which usually turns into a bigger mess. :(

Thanks again,

Jim ;)

Hey Azrin,

Thank you for the reply and answers to my questions. Yes, you answered them just fine. ;)

I am excited but willing to wait patiently for the release with the manufacturers addition. :D

I realize how real life work has a much higher priority and truely appreciate all the free work that people such as yourself gives back to the community.

I wish you luck with adding the manufacturers seach to the file. I know that feature would help me out tremendously as my database from my wholesalers are setup to work by sorting the manufacturers.

I tried adding this contribution - Manufacturers Dropdown Anywhere to the previously posted Product Listing v1.4 but found out it only works on the catalog side. I have no clue regarding PHP so I can only guess and hack which usually turns into a bigger mess. :(

Thanks again,

Jim ;)

Hey Jim,

Check out the new version (beta). It has what I think you need. Let me know if it works (and if it doesn't too ;) )

Once it is ok, I will make it into a release.

Hey Azrin,

Great!

Once I finish filing my taxes I'll get right to testing it. Thanks... ;)

Quick question before I get started with it. Do I first install v3.5?

Thanks again and I'll be playing with it later today. :D

Off to download!!!

~Jim

Hello!

The list of manufacturers it works! but only manufacturer and category at a time.

If possible manufacturer unspecified category list would be much easier to use.

Thanks for your work :)

PD: translated with google

Hello!

The list of manufacturers it works! but only manufacturer and category at a time.

If possible manufacturer unspecified category list would be much easier to use.

Thanks for your work :)

PD: translated with google

Working on unspecified Manufacturer....

But having both Category and Manufacturer is a bit difficult to implement. I only had couple of hours to do it. But I'll look into it.

Thanks for the update and suggestion

Hey Azrin,

Great!

Once I finish filing my taxes I'll get right to testing it. Thanks... ;)

Quick question before I get started with it. Do I first install v3.5?

Thanks again and I'll be playing with it later today. :D

Off to download!!!

~Jim

Yes... you need to install 3.5 first. Then replace with the update. Once I've iron out the bugs... I'll do a major release... maybe a new name "QUICK Stock Manager" perhaps ;)

I'm so sorry, it's work perfectly.

But having both Category and Manufacturer is a bit difficult to implement. I only had couple of hours to do it. But I'll look into it.

With the search by manufacturer is enough.

I came running to edit the post but I was late :rolleyes:

Great job Azrin :)

Is possible to show specials price too?

it would be interesting show this when you are updating prices, this show you that you must modify this special price too.

:)

Edited by PiLLaO