• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

default.php strange headings

plus766

I have a two fold question. I am working off of ipowerweb and using their web builder. I got a site I liked built, but now that I've installed oscommerce, it looks totally different than my site, how can I change background covers etc so it somewhat matches?

the bigger problem I have is the default.php. it's coming up with strange headers. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled oscommerce (in the meantime losing all the work i had done on the products) but it still has not fixed the headers.

you can look at my site http:littleandbig.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/default.php to see what I mean, I have tried commenting it out, etc., but i'm wondering if it comes from another sheet.

thanks

Pam

Striving to go beyond Novice-suggestions always welcomed

I have a two fold question.  I am working off of ipowerweb and using their web builder.  I got a site I liked built, but now that I've installed oscommerce, it looks totally different than my site, how can I change background covers etc so it somewhat matches?

the bigger problem I have is the default.php.  it's coming up with strange headers.  I have uninstalled, and reinstalled oscommerce (in the meantime losing all the work i had done on the products) but it still has not fixed the headers.

you can look at my site http:littleandbig.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/default.php to see what I mean, I have tried commenting it out, etc., but i'm wondering if it comes from another sheet.

thanks

Pam

Your site is not on line at the moment

Please answer this question, where are the products and categories stored? I had to uninstall and reinstall oscommerce for my ssl and I want to add the products back in, and I was wondering if I could just copy those files back?

thanks

I'm still trying to figure why my site is not showing, it's published

Striving to go beyond Novice-suggestions always welcomed

Please answer this question, where are the products and categories stored?............and I was wondering if I could just copy those files back?

thanks

products and categories are stored in the DATABASE.

ipower creates the database for you if you use the default powerplugin they offer.

the only way to readd them would be if you created a backup of the database.

ipower database backup:

login to your Vdeck-->host manager-->backups-->create database backup.

restore from same area.

as you work on modifying your cart, create backups for all your files and database as you move along. this way you will have multiple restore points to use.

Archived