• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sessions and add to cart

evol79

Hello... i never receive answers to my questions, i know it's not a "must"... but i can't believe there isn't a php programmer into this forum...

Anyway, i hope this time this question will be answered, it's so simple for naybody who knows a little bit of php...

Where can i find where sessions are stored when we click add to cart in products_info.php?

Thanks

I'm no programmer, so I could be wrong, but I think it depends on how you've defined them in /catalog/includes/configure.php. Look for this code:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

If it is set to 'mysql' the sessions are stored in the database, in the SESSIONS table. You can also store them in a /tmp file on the server, or use cookies to handle sessions, in which case I believe they are stored on the customer's computer.

As per my disclaimer above, I am *NOT* a php expert, so I could be wrong, but after having some session troubles of my own this week, that's the best answer I can give you.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Thanks, but sorry i didn't explain me.

In need to find that part of code which writes cart things into sessions table, because i'm experiencing problems with file feature, which adds me to cart tmp file name of the file uploaded and not what its real name

Thanks again

Hello... i never receive answers to my questions, i know it's not a "must"... but i can't believe there isn't a php programmer into this forum...

Anyway, i hope this time this question will be answered, it's so simple for naybody who knows a little bit of php...

Where can i find where sessions are stored when we click add to cart in products_info.php?

Thanks

your shopping cart is an instance of the shopping cart class. as such it is registered as a session variable.

all actions on the shopping cart are done in application top.

look for :

// Shopping cart actions

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'])) {

etc.....

Treasurer MFC

your shopping cart is an instance of the shopping cart class. as such it is registered as a session variable.

all actions on the shopping cart are done in application top.

look for :

// Shopping cart actions

? if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'])) {

etc.....

Thanks boxstel, have you any idea of why uploaded files with option file feature are stored with the right name in the db and othrwhise in the db session are stored with a tmp name (eg. tmp/phpy49sk)?

Is it possibile is a php versione issue? mine is 4.2.2

Thanks for your support

Thanks boxstel, have you any idea of why uploaded files with option file feature are stored with the right name in the db and othrwhise in the db session are stored with a tmp name (eg. tmp/phpy49sk)?

Is it possibile is a php versione issue? mine is 4.2.2

Thanks for your support

i have no idea what you mean with "uploaded files with option file feature".

what files are you refering to ?

Treasurer MFC

i have no idea what you mean with "uploaded files with option file feature".

what files are you refering to ?

I have option type file feature installed, it let you choose between checkboxes, text, files apart from select, so in my products i have on option to upload files for each one, you can see this contrib here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,file+upload+77

Thanks

I have option type file feature installed, it let you choose between checkboxes, text, files apart from select, so in my products i have on option to upload files for each one, you can see this contrib here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,file+upload+77

Thanks

ok well then your best option is to get the support of the ones that created that contribution so I would strongly suggest to post the question in the contribution support section of that contribution. Maybe the question was already answered there.

Treasurer MFC

Archived