• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding dynamic User-Inputs to the shopping cart

Geddo

Hi everyone. First post and guess what - a question :D

First i wanna say that i really like the OSCoomerce Shop cauze of open source and well written code. But now a problem which i can't solve. Maybe you can.

So i created a dynamic textbox in the product_info where the user can input some notes and ordering whishes for the product. Now i wanna take over this input-data to the shopping_cart and some other pages to display it again.

But that doesn't work for me. How can I put this input-data over to the shoping_cart? I tried this in the application_top:

$products = $cart->get_products();
       $product_id = tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);
       for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
       if ($products[$i]['id'] == $product_id) {
      	 $cart->contens[$products[$i]['testvar'] = 10];

}
}

So I tried " echo $cart->contens[$products[$i]['testvar']" later in the shopping_cart but I faild :(

Can someone help me? THANXX!!!!

Check the Contributions section (link at top of forum pages) for the Option Type Feature contribution. It allows you to create input areas for customers. I use it on my site for personalized CDs - text boxes to input child's name, salutation and message, and a radio button to specify child's gender.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Check the Contributions section (link at top of forum pages) for the Option Type Feature contribution. It allows you to create input areas for customers. I use it on my site for personalized CDs - text boxes to input child's name, salutation and message, and a radio button to specify child's gender.

HTH,

Terry

Thank you very much, i gonna try this

Archived