• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why does HTML coding not work in product section?

Why does the html format NOT HOLD?

I am adding products and i use my old html that i had on my old hosting site. I am copying and pasting html into the prod description. if i hit preview, its fine (except NO IMAGES work with the browse, they all come up as an x). but then if i try to edit it, it goes back to the normal text!! then when i hit the <> for html, the coding is ALL MESSED UP!! AND IF I HIT PREVIEW again WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING AT ALL, the page is all messed up!!!!!! what is going on?

It is so frustrating, I put in my html code and preview and it looks FINE, but if i hit"back" it adds all these \\\\\\ into my coding and then when i view it screws it up!!!!!!!!!! how do i stop all t hese \\\\\\\\\\\?

Provide a URL for folks to look at and help you.

Make sure you are NOT including the <html> and <head> tags etc. in the product description area. Also, some HTML (via Frontpage etc.) are very picky and may not render properly and may also define "base" references for all images etc. Try to keep it simple and straight HTML stuff and you'll be fine.

Tom

This happens to me and I just save it after preview and then go back and re-enter the edit page. As long as you don't hit the back button the \\\\\\ will not show up. I use alot of html and css on my product pages with no problems if I do it this way.

Archived