• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Store from Japan! Need your Comments!

aries78

Hi,

I have almost completed my site (I hope) and am now ready for your critique.

I still have to add some payment, shipping modules, edit some pics and change some texts but it will be done soon, that is a work in progess.

But overall, what do you think?

You can see it HERE.

Thanks a lot!

cool, another English osCommerce site in Japan! Glad you aren't competing with me!

wow, your design is great! I really dig it, looks very professional and well done.

the FAQ is well put together

the Bob Sapp doll is very cool! and the Eiko Koike DVD looks good.....

now for the "constructive cristism"!

the logo at the top is great, but just to the right of the water drop you can see a line where the water drop ends and the solid red BG begins. not really a big deal

the stock OSC icons look cheesy and don't match your site. there is an icon replacement contrib that has some beautiful icons, you should check it out. thats the first thing I would change actually.

the correct spelling is "Yen" NOT "Yens" (no "s") this makes me doubt whether you are really in Japan or not.

the title bar of my browser says "osCommerce", it should say the name of your site.

the product info page feels weird...maybe because the product description and the picture have so much space in between on my 1280x1024 screen, the 800px and center mod might help that. also I'd add more description about the product if you can. maybe size, colors, maker name, some info about the fighter etc.

for the manga you could incude a brief description of the story. you can "borrow" that from Amazon.com or other manga sites.

do you ship within Japan? is this included in Asia shipping rates? I know, you will probably have very few Japanese customers, but you never know.

this product http://www.kakuto.com/ms2fr/catalog/produc...products_id=378

has no description and is only 0 Yen!

awesome site man, good job!

Nice work! Great idea to list advantages vs. disadvantages for IPMO.

You might consider changing the "Switch to Default Language Currency" setting to True in Configuration. Can't speak for Europe, but it is highly doubtful that your typical N. American buyer is going to want to use yen.

Speaking of that drop of water, why? It looks good and all, but what does it have to do with your products? If your logo included something relating to your products, I wouldn't have to read the fine print to figure out what you're selling... B)

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

I think it looks very good -- and perhaps it has changed, but I wanted to say that I figured out what you were selling in about 4 seconds. No problems there!

Great job -- very professional & the graphics look very good.

Wendy

Thank you for your nice words, I really appreciate it.

I've fixed the last problems I think, it should be online tomorow.

About some few changes:

the logo at the top is great, but just to the right of the water drop you can see a line where the water drop ends and the solid red BG begins. not really a big deal

Yes, I didn't notice it at moment but we fixed it.

You might consider changing the "Switch to Default Language Currency" setting to True in Configuration. Can't speak for Europe, but it is highly doubtful that your typical N. American buyer is going to want to use yen.

Forgot about that too, I'll fixe it too.

Speaking of that drop of water, why? It looks good and all, but what does it have to do with your products? If your logo included something relating to your products, I wouldn't have to read the fine print to figure out what you're selling...

This is just a personnal touch, nothing really to do about what I'm selling.

I'd add more description about the product if you can. maybe size, colors, maker name, some info about the fighter etc.

When I'll have more time, I'll add more description on each product.

do you ship within Japan? is this included in Asia shipping rates? I know, you will probably have very few Japanese customers, but you never know.

Yes, we do.

Thank you guys again and if you see anything else, please let me know.

Damn, can't wait this store will be finally online, I'm exhausted!!!

Roland

• 1 year later...

not bad....

try removing the column right and add the infoboxes from there in to the column left instead and keep the footer area shorter too - that should make it look better

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived