• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mail_Validation

Alex2911

Hello,

I've been working around to fix the script and its now fixed....BUT....another problem occured.....when customers register.....(new member)..Then,an email with registration code inside the email was sent.But....when customer entered the CODE.....its still the same.....cannot validate your account....what is the problem?

-------------------------------------------------------------------SNAPSHOT-------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Nepal,

We welcome you to Rezolles_Net Shopping Mall System.

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of

these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you

remove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than

yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person

themselves.

Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner:

[email protected].

Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not

signup to be a member, please send an email to [email protected].

You have to validate/activate your account before you can login.Please click on

the link below to finish the account creation process:

Click here to Validate/Activate Your account

(Or you can manually copy and paste in the following link into your browsers

window:

http://www.rezolles.axs-host.com/mall/pw.p...yYgSRyUQv&id=12 )

Your Validation Code is: RyYgSRyUQv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may test it at www.rezolles.axs-host.com

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hello all, can somebody help me with this question?

I am using just spanish language for my site, (espa?ol) and also I have /languages out of includes folder like this: catalog/languages

I tryed to install this great contribution but doesn't work.

Anticipated thanks.

Hello all, can somebody help me with this question?

I am using just spanish language for my site, (espa?ol) and also I have /languages out of includes folder like this: catalog/languages

I tryed to install this great contribution but doesn't work.

Anticipated thanks.

Hi Adrian!

My site is in multi-language, but with Spanish as default.

Some time ago I installed this contribution and got it working on my site. Problem was different: once installed de validation key sent to user bu mail didn't match with the one required in the access, so all my customers weren't able to login.

So, I unistalled it.. :(

• 3 weeks later...

a new version is now available:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2151

Changelog:

.) Fixed a Bug that may result a conflict with another used parameter in the cart

.) Added a feature that allow to redirect the User after Logged in to the Page he comes from

.) Added some German Translations

Thanks again to Steel who support the contribution for the english board members !

a new version is now available:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2151

Changelog:

.) Fixed a Bug that may result a conflict with another used parameter in the cart

.) Added a feature that allow to redirect the User after Logged in to the Page he comes from

.) Added some German Translations

Thanks again to Steel who support the contribution for the english board members !

I would like to apologize for not responding to anyone here lately. I haven't gotten a notice from the board that someone posted a question to this forum since December. For some reason it just notified me today about a post though.

If anyone needs help, and I don't respond to the board here in a couple of days please feel free to PM me through the board anytime.

Alex, No..... Thank You, for this great contribution! :D

Steel

• 1 month later...

Dear Steel,

I have installed Mail Validation Ver 2.1 . but i am not so familiar with MySQL, so i am stuck on this step:

* MySQL Entry *

The most important is the MySQL database entry.

If your store "ALREADY HAS CUSTOMERS" and you WANT THEM TO STAY VALIDATED, use this query:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_validation_code` VARCHAR( 48 ) NOT NULL default '';

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_validation` CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL default '1';

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_email_registered` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL default '';

ALTER TABLE `customers` CHANGE `customers_validation` `customers_validation` CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0';

* OR *

IF YOU "DO NOT" ALREADY HAVE ANY CUSTOMERS, you can use this query:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_validation_code` VARCHAR( 48 ) NOT NULL default '';

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_validation` CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0';

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_email_registered` VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL default '';

could you please tell me how and exactly where to add/create this?

thank you in advance,

Saman

Dear Steel,

I have installed Mail Validation Ver 2.1 . but i am not so familiar with MySQL, so i am stuck on this step:

* MySQL Entry *

The most important is the MySQL database entry.

If your store "ALREADY HAS CUSTOMERS" and you WANT THEM TO STAY VALIDATED, use this query:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_validation` CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL default '1';

ALTER TABLE `customers` CHANGE `customers_validation` `customers_validation` CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0';

* OR *

IF YOU "DO NOT" ALREADY HAVE ANY CUSTOMERS, you can use this query:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `customers_validation` CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0';

could you please tell me how and exactly where to add/create this?

thank you in advance,

Saman

Sure no problem :D

what you will need to do is first find the "MySQL" icon in your control panel, click on it, then in the next window that opens click on "phpMyAdmin", then in th next window select the corresponding data base to your OSC install, next select the tab that says SQL and then paste in the desired text and hit the "GO" button.

That's all.

If you have anymore questions just let me know.

Thanks

Steel

Dear Steel,

Thank you for the reply i have done that. and it seems that it's ok.

now: **********

* STEP 1 *

If you would like the customer to be logged in directly after Validation,

place the following code before the closing ?> tag

but i want them to confirm first. so should i set this to False?

//-----MAIL_VALIDATION START -----//

define('LOGIN_AFTER_VALIDATE', 'true'); <<<<<FALSE?

//-----MAIL_VALIDATION END -----//

and if they have to confirm first will that happen automaticlly or should I do it every time ( do i have to send them an email after every time a user tries to open an account?

• 4 weeks later...

There is a bug in the 2.1 release.

When a customer login without validation, or with an invalid code, the pw.php will create an error. The $FILENAME_DEFAULT will not be empty, nor a valid file name.

This line in the pw.php must be changed

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_ACCOUNT_CREATED_FAIL . '<br>'; ?></td>

to

<td class="main"><?php $FILENAME_DEFAULT = FILENAME_DEFAULT;
	echo TEXT_ACCOUNT_CREATED_FAIL . '<br>'; ?></td>

and

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_ACCOUNT_CREATED_FAIL2 . '<br>'; ?></td>

to

<td class="main"><?php $FILENAME_DEFAULT = FILENAME_DEFAULT;
	echo TEXT_ACCOUNT_CREATED_FAIL2 . '<br>'; ?></td>

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Also, this contrib will not work with SEO URLs without extra modification.

The tep_href_link() function in catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php has been modified by SEO URLs, and so the validation code like catalog/pw.php?action=reg&pass=7DhZOgse0g&cuid=28&woher=index becomes catalog/pw.php?action=reg&pass=7DhZOgse0g&cuid=28&woher=index and it certainly will not work.

To work arround this issue, you need to keep the original tep_href_link() function, and rename it to tep_href_link_original(). Then replace every tep_href_link() in Mail Validation files, to tep_href_link_original(). This works for me.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hello,

I installed the contribution and when I register a new user, it sends me an email correctly, but when I validate (either via the link or by the login), I get an mpty page of the pw.php.

Also when I ask to send a new validation code, it doesn't. the validate_new.php page I get is also empty.

I went through the instructions several times, and found no error in the installation process.

Can you help?

Thanks,

David

I have the very same problem in my store. I've checked it thrice and still a blank page.

It would be nice if one could validate the accounts from de admin panel.

I'm not very versed on PHP, but I know my way around pretty much.

I've been trying to mod this contrib in order to validate the customers myself (but it gets a little to complicated for me). What I really need is that when a customer registers, the validation email is sent TO ME for my approval. This is because I also have installed the contrib for "Show prices to logged in users only" and I don't want just anyone registering and getting to see my prices which are wholesale and for certain customers only.

Still, I've installed this contrib as it comes, following the instructions to the letter, but I still can't get pass the blank page when I click on the validation link on the email, or when I insert the validation code directly.

Any help will be most apreciated.

Well, I did It!

It seems that I overlooked a file (As it usually happens when mods go wrong). My store is in spanish default (spanish is the only language as a matter of fact) and when I installed the files, I edited the pw.php language file, but I didn't saved it in the /espanol directory.

Also, in line 23 where it calls the language file, I fixed:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/pw.php');

changed into:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/'.'pw.php');

It should have worked as it was originally, but it started working when I changed it. Go wonder...

Anyway, it's working now and I'm happy. It's time now to try and modify it to my needs. I'll let you know how that one comes out...

Hi all, when I try to validate or request for a new validation email, I get the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/aboutmar/public_html/store/includes/header.php:136) in /home/aboutmar/public_html/store/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

Any idea where does the problem lies? Any help is greatly appreciated!

martin

• 1 month later...

Hello People

I Have Install The Nice Modul, But The Validate Link From The Mail Is Not Working, And Copy Paste Link Is The Same, It Only Work When You Will Login And Type You Email And You Password. The Box Now Come Where You Can Write The Validate Code. And It Work Only There, Can Someone Help Me Here. ???

You Can Try It Self Here : http://The-Exterminator.dk/Webshop

//TheExterminator

Edited by TheExterminator

Hello People

I Have Install The Nice Modul, But The Validate Link From The Mail Is Not Working, And Copy Paste Link Is The Same, It Only Work When You Will Login And Type You Email And You Password. The Box Now Come Where You Can Write The Validate Code. And It Work Only There, Can Someone Help Me Here. ???

You Can Try It Self Here : http://The-Exterminator.dk/Webshop

//TheExterminator

I have checked it out on the customers side and am not able to click the link to vaildate, but I am however able to vaildate manually. by using this link:

http://the-exterminator.dk/webshop/pw.php/...pass/TEA0fuEAHQ

This link however does not work:

http://the-exterminator.dk/webshop/pw.php/...TEA0fuEAHQ/id/9

I am not sure where your problem is, but it looks like an install issue. Somewhere there is a bad link typed into your code.

Steel

I have checked it out on the customers side and am not able to click the link to vaildate, but I am however able to vaildate manually. by using this link:

http://the-exterminator.dk/webshop/pw.php/...pass/TEA0fuEAHQ

This link however does not work:

http://the-exterminator.dk/webshop/pw.php/...TEA0fuEAHQ/id/9

I am not sure where your problem is, but it looks like an install issue. Somewhere there is a bad link typed into your code.

Steel

Do You Have Any Ide Where The/id/9 Come From ????

Looked like you have SEO installed, so the url is messed up.

Edited by AlexStudio

quote name='AlexStudio' date='Jun 22 2006, 06:31 AM' post='883282']

Looked like you have SEO installed, so the url is messed up.

No, You Install.txt From 2.2 Have A Error In

Chance

$email_text .=  "\n" . MAIL_VALIDATION . "\n" . '<a href="' . tep_href_link('pw.php', 'action=reg&pass=' . $Pass . $Pass_neu . '&id=' . $id, 'SSL', false) . '">' . VALIDATE_YOUR_MAILADRESS . '</a>' . "\n" . "\n" . '(' . SECOND_LINK . ' ' . tep_href_link('pw.php', 'action=reg&pass=' . $Pass . $Pass_neu . '&id=' . $id, 'SSL', false) . ' )' . "\n" . "\n". OR_VALIDATION_CODE . $Pass . $Pass_neu . "\n" . "\n";

TO

$email_text .=  "\n" . MAIL_VALIDATION . "\n" . '<a href="' . tep_href_link('pw.php', 'action=reg&pass=' . $Pass . $Pass_neu . '&cuid=' . $id, 'SSL', false) . '">' . VALIDATE_YOUR_MAILADRESS . '</a>' . "\n" . "\n" . '(' . SECOND_LINK . ' ' . tep_href_link('pw.php', 'action=reg&pass=' . $Pass . $Pass_neu . '&cuid=' . $id, 'SSL', false) . ' )' . "\n" . "\n". OR_VALIDATION_CODE . $Pass . $Pass_neu . "\n" . "\n";

Bugs report

Bug fix AlexNbg 27 May 2006

It is not fixing the bug, it just force the continue button back to the default page. Do not follow this 'bug fix' unless you don't want the new feature came with ver. 2.1!!

And all later 'Versions' followed this 'fix', so the new feature is not working in all later versions.

Including:

Mail Validation Ver. 2.2 + SPPC by texmaxx 30 May 2006

Typo in 2.2 by texmaxx 31 May 2006

Another typo in 2.2 by kolt_siewerts 22 Jun 2006

Please, do not upload any 'fix' without checking it throughout.

• 3 weeks later...

HI there,

IF some one can tell me please:

1. What is the newest Mail_validation contribution in English ??

2. Is this contribution handles in case that customers change/update their email address ??

please reply... :)

Regards,

Elazar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone got this to work with "login ala Amazon"???

I am not very good at PHP and have tried a bit to integrate with Loginpage ala Amazon contribution but with no luck. Its only the login.php that needs to be updatet with a routine that checks for the validation, but its too complicated for me to find out how..

:(