• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount Coupons

mamapug

I've been using the Gift Voucher/Discount Coupon module in my store for several months. The Discount Coupons are working fine - except for one frustrating problem. I'd like to restrict the discount codes to apply only to non-sale items - which is a fairly long list. I carefully type in all the product_ids, separated with commas as instructed, but when I activate the the coupon code, my list of product_ids is cut back to 255 characters. The rest of the list disappears.

Even if I could increase the parameters for the number of characters in this list, there is still one other problem.

When I redeem the code, the discount is applied only to the FIRST product from the product_id list. No discount is given to any other products in the shopping cart, whether they are included in the product_id list or not.

If I leave the product_id list blank, the discount is applied to all products in the shopping cart.

I've been limping along like this for months. Any ideas of a quick fix? Or at least where to look for the bug in the code?

Thanks!

Shauna

• 4 months later...
I've been using the Gift Voucher/Discount Coupon module in my store for several months.  The Discount Coupons are working fine - except for one frustrating problem.  I'd like to restrict the discount codes to apply only to non-sale items - which is a fairly long list.  I carefully type in all the product_ids, separated with commas as instructed, but when I activate the the coupon code, my list of product_ids is cut back to 255 characters.  The rest of the list disappears.

Even if I could increase the parameters for the number of characters in this list, there is still one other problem.

When I redeem the code, the discount is applied only to the FIRST product from the product_id list.  No discount is given to any other products in the shopping cart, whether they are included in the product_id list or not.

If I leave the product_id list blank, the discount is applied to all products in the shopping cart.

I've been limping along like this for months.  Any ideas of a quick fix?  Or at least where to look for the bug in the code?

Thanks!

Shauna

Atleast you are getting some sort of discount....mine has been working fine-except I put in the product ID's separated by commas as instructed, the IDs are still there after I confirm the coupon, I goto test and buy the item thats identified in that list (in the coupon admin id's) but it gives me NO discount....cant figure it out.

• 8 months later...
Ok, so I just tried a product ID, of a product that has NO attributes (sizes) and it worked-so now on to see why it doesnt work with products that have attributes.

Anyone ever figure out how to make SALE ITEMS not work with coupon codes?

I am getting killed here from people using codes on sale items, would love to turn off that feature. Thanks

Archived