• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cant get admin area to work?

Hi,

Just installed Oscommerce on a clean install of Apache2triad (Installs Apache PHP etc with little hastle) my problem is that after copying the catalog dir to the htdocs directory and doing the install I can't access the admin page all I get is a blank screen.

The catalog area works fine but if i goto :

http://localhost/catalog/admin/

= Blank Screen

Any help / advice?

Kind Regards

Karl

[email protected]

My admin section won't load either but I get the following message

Warning: main(includes/languages/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux200/t/tamoko-design.co.uk/user/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/fhlinux200/t/tamoko-design.co.uk/user/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

any ideas?

on your problem check if you have an index.php file in you admin directory. Do you have it?

My admin section won't load either but I get the following message

Warning: main(includes/languages/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux200/t/tamoko-design.co.uk/user/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/fhlinux200/t/tamoko-design.co.uk/user/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

any ideas?

on your problem check if you have an index.php file in you admin directory. Do you have it?

Hi Tamoko.

I had this same problem.

What i did is .. went back to my installation details and making sure the details were correct for the root address and also the page address for me i go though IIS not apache although not that much changes.

I first put in localhost/catalog/ which was fine on the server machine but not for any others plus i still had errors.

So for example the root i put in C://wwwroot/catalog/ (or whichever file your root directory is )

Andfor the Web address i put in my DNS into the address www.yourdomain.com/catalog/

This helped get ride of the problems.

Hope that helped

ALD

Archived