• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New User

Eric8008

Hello,

I am not a coder by any means. I am a designer only. I am designing a site for a client and they would like to use this on their site. Is this product easy to set on my end so I can then pass it on to him to maintain? Can I use the look and feel of the site I designed and impliment this?

Any replies are appreciated

Eric

Not easily at first. The shop takes some getting used to and practice in order to make changes. Most people, from what I have noticed, take from 1-3 months to get a handle on making changes. You can use your designs but there is not an easy way to implement them. The easiest is with the STS contribution, which is a set of code changes you install that will allow you to use a simple html template. But, again, to install that and get it to where you want it will not happen overnight. Please don't take this the wrong way though. The oscommerce package is great and you (or your client) will be pleased with the result given enough time. It just won't happen right away.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived