• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No Order Confirmation Emails

badboo

hm, I am stuck

I tested some fake orders by paying with Money Orders/Check and I receive the order information but the client doesn't get an email. It doesn't matter if the client's email server is the same like my admin email or even another server name! So I am confused what the problem is!

Any ideas out there?

Well, this is what I want! how did you do that? whenever I set the Email send to False, ME and my customer cant receive any Emails

lol B) funky stuff eh?

well I didn't really do anything - I wasn't messing around with the email settings or adding any contribs that get in touch with email or anything like that.

So I have no clue.

Right now I have configured it to "sendmail" in the Admin CP Email options. That's all there is to it.

check this out: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141943&hl=

maybe this helps!

Good luck! Casi

Im having this same problem...no order confirmation emails to the customer or myself.

I am on a linux server, and oscommerce is set to 'sendmail' and 'send emails = true' and all that.

The email addys are tested and work outside oscommerce.

Ive tried several different email addresses in the 'store owner' address, and even hotmail account in case it was having a problem sending to the local domain or anything.

One thing i was thinking it could be is the path to sendmail. The path to sendmail on the server is usr/sbin/sendmail...is that the problem maybe? isnt that usually usr/bin/sendmail? and if so, where is the oscommerce path to sendmail? I read something about PHP.ini, but i dont see it anywhere, even above the public level.

any ideas?

thanks,

-Doc

Im having this same problem...no order confirmation emails to the customer or myself.

I am on a linux server, and oscommerce is set to 'sendmail' and 'send emails = true' and all that.

The email addys are tested and work outside oscommerce.

Ive tried several different email addresses in the 'store owner' address, and even  hotmail account in case it was having a problem sending to the local domain or anything.

One thing i was thinking it could be is the path to sendmail. The path to sendmail on the server is usr/sbin/sendmail...is that the problem maybe? isnt that usually usr/bin/sendmail? and if so, where is the oscommerce path to sendmail? I read something about PHP.ini, but i dont see it anywhere, even above the public level.

any ideas?

thanks,

-Doc

I do think there could be an issue with the path you mentioned. What I am also windering abou is what happens if your email setup is wrong and you are sending out emails through the CP what does it tell you? Emails NOT sent?

Although it doesn't matter which setting I use - in both ways I always get a succesful sent message...

I'm having the same problem.. but I have two shops that are configured the same way, and one of them is working, but the otherone doesnt seng out emails at all.. It has been fine untill yesterday!! :'(

When I send out emails it sais "email sendt" etc, bur the custumers doesnt resive the mail!!

I'm having the same problem.. but I have two shops that are configured the same way, and one of them is working, but the otherone doesnt seng out emails at all..  It has been fine untill yesterday!!  :'(

When I send out emails it sais "email sendt" etc, bur the custumers doesnt resive the mail!!

I really hope that someone knows why this has happend suddently and how to fix it, couse i really want to sendt this weeks newsletter for easter again..

As I said no errors occurs.. everything seems to work fine, but the emails do not come to the custumers.. :'(

Same thing for me - at first the email confirmation reached the customer and me the store owner. But suddenly it stopped working.

I haven't made any changes with the email settings nor installed any contribs that mess with the email (at least not that I know of)...

:-"

Pls. check in: administration => Tools => serverinfo whether

Safe Mode is ON or OFF

I read that with ON you may have mailproblems.

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

(partly) FALSE ALERT!

I just opened some new email accounts with different providers and now it seems to be working (must have worked b4) but before I was only testing it with a german free email provider (www.gmx.de).

Although my homepage is hosted in Germany (german mailserver) it is not sending any emails to GMX.

So there may be other free (or even non free - gotta test that too) providers out there that won't be reached through this "mail engine".

Sorry for freaking everyone out!

I hope you will find your solutions soon!

greetings Casi

Pls. check in: administration  => Tools => serverinfo whether

Safe Mode is ON or OFF

I read that with ON you may have mailproblems.

Mine is Off..

I've take a look at bothe shops compering them since one is working and the uter is not ant I've fund that one of the has one more thing then the other..

AUTH_TYPE Basic

The one that is not sending out mail has'nt got this.. :-"

• 1 year later...

Exactly the same problem.

Suddenly, my clients and me dont get the first order confirmation e-mail (but if I change/update the order, we both will receive the update order e-mail).

I have tried so many things, but still cant find the solution

Has anyone found the root cause for this problem? My ISP has changed something within their mail system and I no longer receive emails nor does the customer when an order is placed. Everything worked for a year then the last week in March email ceased to be sent. No code changes have been introduced so this definitely is not osCommerce code related. As others have said on this thread, I can send an email through the admin tool and it will send (such as updating an order from pending to processing) but it does not send at order completion. Can anyone tell me if osCommerce uses the same mail function for the catalog order success as they do for the admin email functionality? I'm trying to figure out if it is a sendmail difference in configuration or if there is anything I can do to fix this programmatically since the ISP has been working on this problem for 5 days and they can't figure out why it doesn't work.

Same problem for a while now. It seems to have occured after adding the osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 051112 Update Release

I have not had time or patience to figure it out lol.

I don't see anything in the udates that would effect mail .. but havn't looked at it very hard.

Archived