• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

session errors on new install

craigob

Im getting this error at the top of the page when viewing the store. I am using xamp with as few fixes but i cannot get rid of these errors.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp\sess_9722fed6bb45be8d2ef9c3a0d5f6d7b0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in F:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

and these two errors at the base of the pages

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/tmp\sess_9722fed6bb45be8d2ef9c3a0d5f6d7b0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in F:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 106

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in F:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 106

Thank you

Im getting this error at the top of the page when viewing the store. I am using xamp with as few fixes but i cannot get rid of these errors.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp\sess_9722fed6bb45be8d2ef9c3a0d5f6d7b0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in F:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

and these two errors at the base of the pages

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/tmp\sess_9722fed6bb45be8d2ef9c3a0d5f6d7b0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in F:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 106

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in F:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 106

Thank you

Try this:

create a directory tmp at this location and make it writeable.

F:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\tmp

Best

Ian

Thanks Ian

I did a search and found that changing the session from disk to mysql fixed the errors, but i also used your idea!

Thanks again

Try this:

create a directory tmp at this location and make it writeable.

F:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\tmp

Best

Ian

Archived