• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MYSQL - Troubling Transferring

rumphrey

Hi. I had oscommerce on an old server, and just switched it over. I created it just like the old one, same user id and password and so forth. I have the following problem, everytime I try to get oscommerce to work, it comes up with:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'x1_osc2@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/x1/public_html/catalog2/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

How do I go about fxing the problem. I have too many products to have to go through redoing the entire catalog all over. Unless I REALLy have to.

I appreciate any and all help. Please, if you can, speak in laymans' terms. I am not too familiar with sql that much. Thanks!

Check your 2 configure files catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php and make sure the settings agree with the new mysql server you are on.

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxx');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxx');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxx');

HTH

Tom

Tom (OceanRanch)

I wanted to say thankyou very much for your help. It took me awhile, but was able to get it fixed. For some reason, the site did not allow the user into the database, and the password from the backup was some off the wall one I never seen. With your guidance and alot of patience (several hours worth) I was able to fix the problem. Thanks again! I appreciate people like you, who are willing to help us php/mysql challenged people. Thanks!

:thumbsup:

Archived