• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Column made wider but text still wraps in box

snickerswa

I changed the width of column left but the text in my categories box still wraps to the next line. Doesn't the box width change with the column width? What do I have to do to make the text spread so it doesn't wrap? Please see the Categories box on www.martiniceramics.com in the left column. Need to fix asap!

I changed the width of column left but the text in my categories box still wraps to the next line.  Doesn't the box width change with the column width?  What do I have to do to make the text spread so it doesn't wrap?  Please see the Categories box on www.martiniceramics.com in the left column.  Need to fix asap!

Well I did that already but the text is not expanding

Well I did that already but the text is not expanding

Make sure you clear your browsers cache and if you use the caching feature from osC delete the cached files for the category box. Otherwise you have a great chance you still look to an old page and it looks if nothing has changed. What also works is putting non-breaking spaces ( ) around your categorybox header text to make the header for this box wider. Add those until you have the desired result. With this method you don't neccessarily have to change the BOX_WIDTH.

Hmmm... what you forgot to mention is that you are using Ger Verluis' menu. You need to edit HIS script (not sure which one you are using) and look for the part where you define your menus (at the very end of the script). Change the assign WIDTH there.

Example:

instead of

Menu1= new Array("Drink Tiles","http://www.martiniceramics.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=13","",0,20,110);

use

Menu1= new Array("Drink Tiles","http://www.martiniceramics.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=13","",0,20,210);

Change from 110 to 210 (or whatever width you need) in all 9 menus (Menu1, Menu2,... Menu9) you use.

I wonder how compatible is Mr. Verluis' menu with osComm (probably it isn't and may lead to sessions problems). Why you picked it instead of the regular osComm way? From what I see, it would be enough for you.

Archived