• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

possible to import csv or xml

onestone

Hey guys!

Question: Is it possible to import automaticly (e.g. with a cronjob) CSV or XML Files in oscommerce? I would like to built up an interface from an existing software-solution and provide data online which oscommerce could import.

Ideas?

Regards,

onestone

• 5 months later...
Hey guys!

Question: Is it possible to import automaticly (e.g. with a cronjob) CSV or XML Files in oscommerce? I would like to built up an interface from an existing software-solution and provide data online which oscommerce could import.

Ideas?

Regards,

onestone

Hi,

I want to do something similar to this.

Regards,

Shahin

Ok... you've asked a multi-part question.

Let's start with CSV files.

1. Using the contribution Easy Populate (EP) you can import CSV files using the mouse and clicking.

2. The CSV file needs to be in a format that EP expects. You can have you third party app create the CSV file in the correct format or you can write a script to transform it.

3. EP can be modified to accept parameters using GET instead of Post

4. You can write a cron job to run the transform script then run the modified Easy Populate file on a regular basis.

A note about XML

XML is simply a structured text file similiar to HTML. You can have the script transform the XML to CSV so the basic concept is the same.

In my experience, an average coder should be able to perform each step within a few hours as long as you have documentation from the 3rd party app. Obviously, your life would be a lot easier if you can control the creation of the CSV file from the start.

Hope that helps,

Robert

3. EP can be modified to accept parameters using GET instead of Post

4. You can write a cron job to run the transform script then run the modified Easy Populate file on a regular basis.

Could you please explain me these two steps.

I have no experience of using cron job .

I will be so grateful if you could suggest me any sample scipts so that I can proceed.

Kind regards,

shahin

Archived