• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stupid problem

Patriarch K

I have a really strange problem. When i edit my english.php file then this message appears:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /customers/xxx/xxx/httpd.www/includes/languages/english.php on line 154

It can be on any line, it differs from time to time.

It can be the smallest thing. e.g, if i delete a letter and then write the same letter again on the same place, then this message appears. If i press enter, then it happens...

Whatever you do with the english.php the message appears. To solve the problem i have to overwrite it with my backup again. Then it will work, but as soon as i change anything then it will be an error.

What is this?

make sure the if you have an apostrophe in your text you do this for example:

if you have within your text:

"don't" put it like "don\'t"

it will still display don't

This is a common simple mistake, search for any ' within your text (inbetween double quotes " " ) and put a backslash before them \

If you still get an error post the lines you get the error message on

It can be the smallest thing. e.g, if i delete a letter and then write the same letter again on the same place, then this message appears. If i press enter, then it happens...

Whatever you do with the english.php the message appears. To solve the problem i have to overwrite it with my backup again. Then it will work, but as soon as i change anything then it will be an error.

What is this?

Just also make sure you're editing the file outside of OScommerce too, if you're just using the built in text editor without some contribution patch you'll get errors. just download your php files and use some php editor on your computer.

:-)

Just also make sure you're editing the file outside of OScommerce too, if you're just using the built in text editor without some contribution patch you'll get errors. just download your php files and use some php editor on your computer.

:-)

Hmmm, that may be the problem. I will try and see.

Archived