• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CSS Admin Drop Down Menu Support

osjunkie

CSS DROP DOWN MENU 1.0

by OSJUNKIE

I run a very large store with over 250,000 products and I require a lot of screen space for displaying products and other things.

I coudn't find a good enough menu for admin so I did some research, learned CSS and made my own after 48 hours of hitting my head on the table.

I gladly give this back to the community free of charge for all the wonderful support that I have received on numerous occasions from other community members.

Download from: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3020

Edited by osjunkie

Any chance of getting a screenshot to see what this looks like?

Is it fully cross-browser supported?

Edit: Just dloaded, and noticed there's a ss in the file :doh: :D

Cheers

Fatmcgav

Edited by fatmcgav

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for the contribution! I've been looking for a horizontal menuing system for my main page, but all I keep finding is JavaScript stuff. I don't know JavaScript or CSS, but it seems like CSS will be easier.

Now I need to delve into the code and figure out how to modify this for use on my main page (I don't need it in the Admin section). Looks like I might be banging my head on the table for the next 48 hours... :D

Forever learning,

Jeff

Thank you very much for the contribution!  I've been looking for a horizontal menuing system for my main page, but all I keep finding is JavaScript stuff.  I don't know JavaScript or CSS, but it seems like CSS will be easier.

Now I need to delve into the code and figure out how to modify this for use on my main page (I don't need it in the Admin section).  Looks like I might be banging my head on the table for the next 48 hours...  :D

Forever learning,

Jeff

I actually found a few CSS tutorials and made this, I don't know how good for the front page this would be if you have a tonne of categories but for 8-10 should be ok.

Principles.

1: Every catalog file should have the script definition after the CSS text in the head.

<script type="text/javascript">
function shownavtable(elmnt)
{
document.getElementById(elmnt).style.visibility="visible"
}
function hidenavtable(elmnt)
{
document.getElementById(elmnt).style.visibility="hidden"
}
</script>

2. Oh crap, just remembered you will have to figure out how to generate the categories without manually inserting them.

Try this instead and probably save some head aches CSS DROP MENU

Good luck...