• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AutoEmailer

Jack_mcs

Jack,

yes, with the body I meant that it is what the message looks like, now the above code produces following message (subject: Orders Report for 2006-01-08):

Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>

<head>

<title>Orders Report</title>

</head>

<body>

<p><table width="100%" border="1"><tr><td>Hello</td></tr></table>

</body>

</html>

BTW the Happy Birthday message looks just fine, I need to test if it's sent on a birthday now.

Alex

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack,

OK, I did some more testing and it looks like the html problem might be somewhere else... maybe with my host, because when I sent that message to my web mail address, I see table with Hello. So, before I'll sort that out, I'll use my alternative address to test it further. Your code posted in #48 looks just fine, table with 5 columns and there is Total in column Customer.

My other problem could be with birthday message. I created a customer with birthday today, set up cron job on 7am and when the following is in auto_announce.php, I receive no message even if I try to call the script again from my browser:

$Recipiant = $customers['customers_email_address'];

however when I replace it with

$Recipiant = '[email protected]'; //$customers['customers_email_address'];

and call the script, I receive birthday message just fine. Am I doing something wrong here and overlooking obvious?

Alex

Having problem setting up autoemailer please help getting this error with FCKeditor installed

Warning: main(../../admin/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 12

Warning: main(../../admin/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 12

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../../admin/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 12

in my html_output i have this 'home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/FCKeditor/');

thank you

I found a easier way to fix this problem. I added it to a new install so this problem doesn't happen anymore.

When installing "require("../../FCKeditor/fckeditor.php");" in the html_output.php file some people forget to edit it. Here is the fix!

require(DIR_FS_ADMIN . '/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php');

That will fix your problems

I am having issues with the auto emailer...

When I go to /admin/auto_emailer_announce.php from my browser It all works but

THe editor doesn't show up, and in the message box I it pulls up http://yoursite.com?

Kinda lost on how to fix. I am gonna go in myself see whats going on here. be great if someone knows the fix

My other problem could be with birthday message. I created a customer with birthday today, set up cron job on 7am and when the following is in auto_announce.php, I receive no message even if I try to call the script again from my browser:

however when I replace it with

and call the script, I receive birthday message just fine. Am I doing something wrong here and overlooking obvious?

Alex

It would seem the email address is not being read in from the database. If you place the following line right after that one, do you receive an email with the customers name?

echo 'Customers name is '.$Recipiant."\r\n";

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am having issues with the auto emailer...

When I go to /admin/auto_emailer_announce.php from my browser It all works but

THe editor doesn't show up, and in the message box I it pulls up http://yoursite.com?

Kinda lost on how to fix. I am gonna go in myself see whats going on here. be great if someone knows the fix

If the editor isn't showing up, it is either not installed or not installed correctly. Go back over the install directions to be sure you have it setup as needed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, the situation is as follows. We know that the cron is working fine, so I'm calling the script from my browser. When I use the following in auto_announce.php

I receive no messages at all.

Produced "Customers name is" message on the screen and no email.

Produced the following message on the screen: "Customer name is [email protected]" and email was received at [email protected]. Message "Customer name is" wasn't included in the email.

Any idea what could be done to make it work? Thanks a lot.

Alex

Make sure you still have the $customers_query = mysql_query... and the while ($customer = ... lines in your auto_announce.php file. I know it has been edited so if that code was deleted, it won't work. If the code is there, then take a look at your actual database and ensure that that customer really has an email address.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have double checked the file, the query is there. Also the customer, who's having birthday today (me) has a valid email address in database in customers_email_address column. If I use that address in auto_announce.php instead of

and call the script, the email is delivered to that address just fine, therefore it is getting correct information about the dob.

Alex

Hey, Happy Birthday. :) Give this a try. It should send you an email with all of your customers names and email addresses. If it does, then post the auto_announce.php file you are using and I will test it here. if it doesn't, or some of them are missing, then it has to do with your database.

<?php
 $customers_query = mysql_query("select c.customers_id, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_dob, c.customers_email_address, ci.customers_info_date_account_created, ci.customers_info_id from customers c, customers_info ci where c.customers_id = ci.customers_info_id") or die(mysql_error());
 while ($customer = mysql_fetch_array($customers_query, MYSQL_ASSOC))
 {
 echo 'Customer ' . $customer['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $customer['customers_lastname'] . ' EMail '. $customers['customers_email_address'] . "\r\n";
 }
?>

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, not my real birthday but it looks like I'll be having birthday for few days now with this contribution! :rolleyes:

I created new file with the above code and called it via auto_emailer.php and the following was output on the screen:

Customer Wayne Biernacki EMail Customer john bob EMail Customer Josef Dvorak EMail Customer Michael Shepard EMail Customer john smith EMail Customer Daniel McCrory EMail Customer Gui Alves EMail Customer Rickey Keyes EMail Customer josh burton....

It is not getting all data from the database, only names. But what could be wrong with the database? Everything else seems to work fine. :angry:

Alex

Jack,

if I change this:

echo 'Customer ' . $customer['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $customer['customers_lastname'] . ' EMail '. $customers['customers_email_address'] . "\r\n";

to this:

echo 'Customer ' . $customer['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $customer['customers_lastname'] . ' EMail '. $customer['customers_email_address'] . "\r\n";

It works as expected and I'm getting email with names and emails! So I changed it in auto_announce.php and... yes, it works! :thumbsup:

So we can go back to auto_orders.php. Your code posted in #48 works fine, I received email with table, 5 columns and there is Total in column Customer. What shall I try next?

Alex

I have uploaded original version of auto_orders.php, executed cron job with the following:

// Start modules 
include('auto_orders.php');
// Stop modules

and received the following email message:

PHP Parse error:  parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/admin/auto_emailer/auto_orders.php on line 28

We know, that auto_emailer is OK, therefore line 28 in auto_orders.php shows:

$_csv_data='.','.'Customer'.','.'Quantity'.','.'Product'.','.'Price' .','.'Weight' ."\n";

Alex

That code works fine here. Maybe try changing it to

$_csv_data='';

If the script runs, then you know it was that line. But if it fails around the same line, then it is something before it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Editing doesn't work, so I type it again here:

I have uploaded original version of auto_orders.php, executed cron job with the following:

// Start modules 
include('auto_orders.php');
// Stop modules

and received the following email message:

PHP Parse error:  parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/admin/auto_emailer/auto_orders.php on line 28

We know, that auto_emailer is OK, therefore line 28 in auto_orders.php shows:

$_csv_data='.','.'Customer'.','.'Quantity'.','.'Product'.','.'Price' .','.'Weight' ."\n";

if I look at the V_1.2 code, I see on line 28 this:

$_csv_data='Order'.','.'Order Status'.','.'Customer'.','.'Quantity'.','.'Product'.','.'Price' .','.'Weight' ."\n";

So I try and uploaded V_1.2 auto orders and received an email with empty table, however no file attached. In admin>auto emailer>orders> the order status was set to received, I changed it to processing, try the cron again and received nothing. It looks like changing settings in admin is causing some kind of errors to be written in auto_orders.php.

Alex

I've just install this contribution, and perform the script by web (my website is hosted by ISP, and I can't execute script)

Problem: I've setup announce, new product and customer.

For testing, I've setup my email address.

I'm receiving many more email (more 1500) for new product: how can I do to stop this virus?

Jack,

V 1.3 produces an error on line 28, please see post #45 & 64.

V 1.2 sent email with empty table and no attachment. After changing settings in admin and running cron job, I receive this email few hours later:

Joshua McDaniel diff 173 Date Purchased = 2005-07-20 00:26:26 Today = 2006-01-09

Pennie Baird diff 168 Date Purchased = 2005-07-25 10:59:32 Today = 2006-01-09

Pennie Baird diff 173 Date Purchased = 2005-07-20 19:46:53 Today = 2006-01-09

Pennie Baird diff 173 Date Purchased = 2005-07-20 19:46:53 Today = 2006-01-09

Youssef Belharakat diff 172 Date Purchased = 2005-07-21 09:23:12 Today = 2006-01-09

Youssef Belharakat diff 172 Date Purchased = 2005-07-21 09:23:12 Today = 2006-01-09

Herschel Weishaar diff 162 Date Purchased = 2005-07-31 17:23:26 Today = 2006-01-09

So, the problem is that changing settings in admin writes wrong code in the file.

Remy, it's not a virus, I'm having similar problem, that we're trying to rectify here, read from post #41. Announce message is created in html, try sending that message to a different address, perhaps it is your mailbox, double check your setting, that it is set to display email messages as HTML and not as a format such as 'plain text'?

Alex

I can see always my email in html format in my Outlook

I can see this in customers email:

From: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

[email protected], [email protected]

X-Mailer: PHP-EMAIL,v2.0 (wmfwlr AT cogeco DOT ca) MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--cdc27c8fcf9c4132da7de3d323887c8c" X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 7.1.371 [267.14.15/223]

----cdc27c8fcf9c4132da7de3d323887c8c Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>

<head>

<title>Happy birthday - Buon Compleanno</title>

</head>

<body>

<!-- start message //-->

Auguri!

<!-- stop message //-->

</body>

</html>

----cdc27c8fcf9c4132da7de3d323887c8c--

Thank's

Jack,

is it possible to change HTML encoding of those Happy Birthday messages generated by the emailer? And is it possible that the message is missing encoding information at all? That would explain the problem with plain text instead of html. Because I can receive HTML on all of mine email addresses without any difficulties. This is information, I have from feedparser:

If no charset is specified, HTTP defaults to iso-8859-1, but only for text/* media types. For other media types, the default encoding is undefined.

The above would explain this in email message:

Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>

<head>

<title>Happy birthday</title>

</head>

If I received that message in plain text and Ramy too, what is the percentage of customers that would see it in plain text as well?

Alex

Edited by mr_absinthe

Hmm, I don't know what to tell you. It all works fine so it must be server specific. The program uses a mail class to send the emails. Maybe there is something in there that is causing this. The following code is taken from the email function in oscommerce. You can add the following to the bottom of the file, replacing the line

$tmessage->Send();

with

$headers  = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
$headers .= '[email protected]' . "\r\n";
mail($to, 'test', $message, $headers);

If the mail is received properly, then it is the mail class.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've made this modify:

// $tmessage->Send();

$headers = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";

$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";

//$headers .= '[email protected]' . "\r\n";

mail($to, '[email protected]', $message, $headers);

but, call script by browser, no emails was send

Edited by 100asa