• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help SSL with Yahoo Web Hosting

raymond_wh_leung

Hi all,

I really need some help here. I am using yahoo web hosting and to enable SSL, all content has to go to a directory under a folder "ssl". (i.e. https://domain/ssl).

Also, going to http://domain/ssl will direct user to https://s.p4.hostingprod.com/@<domainName>/ssl/

I've configured osCommerce to refer to /ssl/catalog/ virtual directory for SSL connection. (DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG in configure.php) However, since all the installed files are NOT in the "ssl" directory, I got access denied when trying to checkout.

Any help would be highly appreciated. I got stuck with it for hours and hours....

Thanks,

Raymond

• 1 month later...
Would really appreciate if someone has a answer.

I tried copied all the files to the "ssl" folder as well and it didn't work either.

Hey, I have a client of mine who started with yahoo's hosting service and I'm actually thinking about switching hosts for a few reasons. One major reason is the ssl issue - I've yet to find an answer to this questions as well. But also, I'm having trouble uploading images in osCom. I have installed osCom plenty of times and have yet to figure out this image uploading issue. Works great on my other hosts, as well as my localmachine.

Have you had any other problems using yahoo's hosting service with osCom?

-matt

• 1 month later...
Hey, I have a client of mine who started with yahoo's hosting service and I'm actually thinking about switching hosts for a few reasons. One major reason is the ssl issue - I've yet to find an answer to this questions as well. But also, I'm having trouble uploading images in osCom. I have installed osCom plenty of times and have yet to figure out this image uploading issue. Works great on my other hosts, as well as my localmachine.

Have you had any other problems using yahoo's hosting service with osCom?

-matt

Hi all,

I'm currently using yahoo as my host. For the SSL stuff I had to entirely duplicate the catalog and admin directories in the ssl dir and modified the include/configure.php file in each directory to the right place. The SSL stuff seams to work (I can check out securely). I have the same image upload problem, it will NOT work except on my local machine!

A huge issue I'm having now is to setup SEO from various contributions. Since Yahoo will not let you upload files starting with a '.' (dot) it's not possible to create the .htaccess file. Yahoo sais there's no way around this. I don't know about you guys but so far (about 10 months with Yahoo), their support sucks and slow.

I'm on my way out of there, I'm looking at lunarpages.com.

Any thoughts?

• 1 year later...
Hi all,

I'm currently using yahoo as my host. For the SSL stuff I had to entirely duplicate the catalog and admin directories in the ssl dir and modified the include/configure.php file in each directory to the right place. The SSL stuff seams to work (I can check out securely). I have the same image upload problem, it will NOT work except on my local machine!

A huge issue I'm having now is to setup SEO from various contributions. Since Yahoo will not let you upload files starting with a '.' (dot) it's not possible to create the .htaccess file. Yahoo sais there's no way around this. I don't know about you guys but so far (about 10 months with Yahoo), their support sucks and slow.

I'm on my way out of there, I'm looking at lunarpages.com.

Any thoughts?

hello

What does your configure file look like this has been a nightmare and also did you find a hosting company?

• 1 month later...

Archived