• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OMG- Site Down ! I repeat !!! Site down !!!

slivermoon22

Can anyone save me from the depths of OS hell?

I have a site error. Used the words PARSE and the words LINE 13.

That's all I understand.

All I did was change a few words in my index php, and all of a sudden

I'm invisible to the world.

Waiting - panting heavily - and hoping for an Angel.

Sheree

www.pendulumsandmore.com

You can email me at [email protected], if you are my Angel.

Gawd love ya graham- but not sure what you mean.

Sheree

Just open the index.php file that it mentions in the message and post the line that has the problem here. Things like that are usually easy to fix, but we need to see the line of code to help you.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Didn't you create a backup of the file before you edited it? If so, put it back to where it was before you started.

Good old line 13 in INDEX.PHP, make sure line 13 starts with define('TEXT_MAIN', ' and don't forget the '

Derek

Just open the index.php file that it mentions in the message and post the line that has the problem here. Things like that are usually easy to fix, but we need to see the line of code to help you.

Be well,

Tina

Ok Angels

I am going to get the error message and also the index php thingy message and post it back here. Don't leave me. My boat is sinking.

three minutes

Ok Angels

I am going to get the error message and also the index php thingy message and post it back here. Don't leave me. My boat is sinking.

three minutes

Here is the error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/pendul2/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

And here is the index php stuff:

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Postage and handling are included in the price of all products for continental USA residents only. Please allow up to 14 days for delivery in US. PAYPAL is a secure connection. Don't forget to join us at the largest online Spiritual Dowsing Forum on the net, THE PENDULUM FORUM. See the links. Please keep your pendulum in a pouch. Happy shopping!');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

Didn't you create a backup of the file before you edited it? If so, put it back to where it was before you started.

Good old line 13 in INDEX.PHP, make sure line 13 starts with define('TEXT_MAIN', ' and don't forget the '

Derek

Derek

Yes, I backed up before making hte chages, and did a restor to try to fix it, but it still sends error message ????

Sheree

Here is the error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/pendul2/public_html/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

And here is the index php stuff:

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Postage and handling are included in the price of all products for continental USA residents only. Please allow up to 14 days for delivery in US. PAYPAL is a secure connection. Don't forget to join us at the largest online Spiritual Dowsing Forum on the net, THE PENDULUM FORUM. See the links. Please keep your pendulum in a pouch.  Happy shopping!');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

Try changing the don't to do not. It could be that it sees that single apostriphy (sp?) and thinks the string should be over and when it goes on it freaks out LOL.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

YEH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg - COAST GUARD ARRIVED- THANKS DEREK

You big hunka wonder!!!! woweee, chest pains ceasing.

thank you and bowing down to all of you for your most

awesome love.

Sheree

Remember whenever you change text if you put an apostrophe in it put a \ before it.

so don't becomes don\'t

it will still display as don't

simple as i said at begining :thumbsup:

YEH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg - COAST GUARD ARRIVED- THANKS DEREK

You big hunka wonder!!!! woweee, chest pains ceasing.

thank you and bowing down to all of you for your most

awesome love.

Sheree

Just glad you have it sorted, we've all been there at sometime or another.

If you use a good PHP editor it will show you where there is a syntax error in your PHP.

I use HAPedit http://hapedit.free.fr/hapedit.php which you can download for free.

Derek

Just glad you have it sorted, we've all been there at sometime or another.

If you use a good PHP editor it will show you where there is a syntax error in your PHP.

I use HAPedit http://hapedit.free.fr/hapedit.php which you can download for free.

Derek

Really? Wow. Going there, doin' it. Thank you too Graham. All of you. May the Sun keep you warm for all of your days. And may you always get the last of the Salsa.

Love, hugs, watefalls and kisses

Sheree

Archived