• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post: no readme and conflict in files

shelleyp

I'm trying to enable Canada Post on a site and running into considerable problems. I've accessed the most recent downloads for Canada Shipping, dimension or not, and I'm finding in the zipped file two files: canadapost.php and canadapost.php.attachment. No readme or installation instructions.

I then went back to earlier releases, such as Canada Post 3.7, and I'm finding replacements for the category, but nothing that looks like a shipping module.

I've tried to guess where files should be installed, but run into problems.

I've read through the forum entries that reference 'canada post', and searched through Google -- the instructions invariably discuss following the readme file. There is no readme file. And other entries are, unfortunately, from people like me, asking for help and no response.

Is the Canada Post shipping module not a working module? If it is, would someone perhaps mind pointing me to the zipped file I should install? Any pointers in how to install would be immensely welcome.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Here is what I did after some hair pulling..

go here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1201

Download the second one from the top ( 23 Oct 2004 - Canada Post Shipping Module with dimensions 3.7) which is 3.7-1...

From PhpMYADMIN or whatever you use for your database, run the SQL query file that's included (cpMS2.sql) on your OSC database..

Then ftp to the root directory of your OSC install and upload the files contained in the catalogue folder to the root directory of your OSC install, which may or may not actually be named "catalogue" (I just uploaded the 3 folders with my ftp client and set it to overwrite the files).

That should work.

If you don't already have an account with Canada Post you can call and get one and

they will give you the id number to put in the configuration screen.

Hope that helps..

TC

• 10 months later...