• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GETTING FRUSTRATED

stylus

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

now my db username doesnt use @MY.HOST.COM to log in it only uses the username . how do i overcome this i have vbulletin installed on my site and that installed fine what to do :thumbsup:

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

now my db username doesnt use @MY.HOST.COM to log in it only uses the username . how do i overcome this i have vbulletin installed on my site and that installed fine what to do :thumbsup:

Did you create a new database? If not, create one and just call it 'catalog'. When you create the database you'll need to create a username and password. Once you do that, redo the installation and it should work fine.

From what I've seen, vBulletin and other bulletin boards have practically the same setup as osC.

Let us know of anymore problems if they arise.

Aaron,

Please don't get frustrated, just take a nce deep breath and relax. We all face challenges at one time or another. As I responded to you in your other post on the same subject. You really need to refer to your host.

All OSC does is pass a specific set of parameters over to your database to log in. Its something that is basically the same in any PHP application that talks to a MySQL database. Those parameters are, the database server, the database name, the user name, and the password.

I had an experience actually last weekend somewhat similar to yours. Every MySQL database I had ever worked with used "localhost" so I natually assumed that value. However on this particular host the databases were all on another server, not the local one. Of course this was all happening at a time when I just wanted to take care of this quick install for someone and continue on with the dozen other things I had on my todo list LOL.

So anyway, check with your host, find out exactly how you should be formatting those parameters and their correct values. And soon life will be good again :)

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Archived