• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help! Shopping Cart Empty!

Tolamek

My problem is that when a customer places an order and returns to the webpage, they cannot continue shopping. It just says shopping cart empty! when they try to add and item. ALSO the major problem is after that NOBODY can add an item to the shopping cart, even a guest account. The only solution is to delete the order from the admin section. Even when I log out the customer completely, and return as a guest account, it won't work untill I delete the customer's order. Please Help!!

Another option other than deleting the order is to wait 45 minutes for the session to expire.

Any ideas would be helpful

Thanks

Tol :'(

• 2 weeks later...
My problem is that when a customer places an order and returns to the webpage, they cannot continue shopping. It just says shopping cart empty! when they try to add and item. ALSO the major problem is after that NOBODY can add an item to the shopping cart, even a guest account. The only solution is to delete the order from the admin section. Even when I log out the customer completely, and return as a guest account, it won't work untill I delete the customer's order. Please Help!!

Another option other than deleting the order is to wait 45 minutes for the session to expire.

Any ideas would be helpful

Thanks

Tol :'(

I'm having the same problem.

Paypal transaction goes through fine. IPN data posts. But after a transaction is completed, you can't add items to the shopping cart.

It eventually times out ...

I'm a newbie ... spent the last month learning and configuring OSC ... and this is the first major problem I've had. My site almost ready to go live, and I *really* need to fix this.

Session settings are:

Force Cookie Use True

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session False

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas? Anyone?

I'm having the same problem.

Paypal transaction goes through fine. IPN data posts. But after a transaction is completed, you can't add items to the shopping cart.

It eventually times out ...

I'm a newbie ... spent the last month learning and configuring OSC ... and this is the first major problem I've had. My site almost ready to go live, and I *really* need to fix this.

Session settings are:

Force Cookie Use  True   

Check SSL Session ID  False 

Check User Agent  False 

Check IP Address  False 

Prevent Spider Sessions  True 

Recreate Session  False

What settings do you have for cookies in your /catalog/includes/configure.php file for these 4 lines:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'xxxxxxx');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'xxxxxxx');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', 'xxxxxxx');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', 'xxxxxxx');

Can you post that here?

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Pretty sure this is correct ...

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.giftsforherdirect.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.giftsforherdirect.com');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

What settings do you have for cookies in your /catalog/includes/configure.php file for these 4 lines:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'xxxxxxx');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'xxxxxxx');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', 'xxxxxxx');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', 'xxxxxxx');

Can you post that here?

Terry

Archived