• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please critique my new site

mark27uk3

Hi Guys,

Please take a look at my new site here and let me know what you think.

I still have a lot to do like update the information pages, add loads more products and of course sort out the payment processing side.

Your valued thoughts are very welcome.

Thanks

Mark :thumbsup:

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

I don't mind the design -- it's fairly clean and pleasant on the eye from a visual standpoint. My comments are more on functionality...

I clicked on a picture of the Nokia 6230 on the front page, expecting it to take me to the product_info page. Instead, it opens up a popup image. Is that expected behavior for online stores? I don't think it is. Typical action would be that the link would take me to the product info page. If your preference is to have it open up a popup image, then at least have text below it that says 'click to enlarge picture.'

So, when that didn't work, I next tried to click on the Nokia 6230 blue underlined product name. Guess what? It's not a link! Yet, right below it, also blue and underlined, is the 'Read More' link where I'll finally be taken to the product info page. Don't make it so difficult for me to figure out your navigation/linking scheme. If a link is blue and underlined, then don't make non-linking text the same color.

Your product info is quite detailed. I'd like to see a little bit of whitespace though as the text spans all the way to the right-hand side of the screen. Perhaps consider placing your text within a table with a width specified of 80-90%?

At the bottom of your product info page for the phone, it says:

Unfortunately, we cannot accept orders for mobile phones from outside the United Kingdom.

Then I go to your shipping and returns page, which says:

When you purchase from 24-7 Mobile Accessories, we feel that the price you see is the price you pay and that is why we provide free delivery on all our customers orders (UK only).

If you are a customer from outside the United Kingdom then please email us for delivery costs before purchasing your product(s).

Currently, we only deliver within the UK - for international deliveries, please contact us to request full delivery costs. With all delivery options, it is subject to stock levels at both 24-7 Mobile Accessories and our suppliers.

This is a bit confusing. Nothing in your shipping page tells me that I can't buy one of your mobile phones if I live outside the UK. It might be worth making that more clear.

Anyhow, there are just a few thoughts -- hope they help!

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Thanks for taking the time out to have a look Terry.

I clicked on a picture of the Nokia 6230 on the front page, expecting it to take me to the product_info page. Instead, it opens up a popup image. Is that expected behavior for online stores? I don't think it is. Typical action would be that the link would take me to the product info page. If your preference is to have it open up a popup image, then at least have text below it that says 'click to enlarge picture.'

So, when that didn't work, I next tried to click on the Nokia 6230 blue underlined product name. Guess what? It's not a link! Yet, right below it, also blue and underlined, is the 'Read More' link where I'll finally be taken to the product info page. Don't make it so difficult for me to figure out your navigation/linking scheme. If a link is blue and underlined, then don't make non-linking text the same color.

This is the result of too much fiddling around, I thought '.... read more' would cover it, but I guess not! >_<

Your product info is quite detailed. I'd like to see a little bit of whitespace though as the text spans all the way to the right-hand side of the screen. Perhaps consider placing your text within a table with a width specified of 80-90%?

I will have to scratch my head a bit on this one as to how to do it

At the bottom of your product info page for the phone, it says:

Unfortunately, we cannot accept orders for mobile phones from outside the United Kingdom.

Then I go to your shipping and returns page, which says:

When you purchase from 24-7 Mobile Accessories, we feel that the price you see is the price you pay and that is why we provide free delivery on all our customers orders (UK only).

If you are a customer from outside the United Kingdom then please email us for delivery costs before purchasing your product(s).

Currently, we only deliver within the UK - for international deliveries, please contact us to request full delivery costs. With all delivery options, it is subject to stock levels at both 24-7 Mobile Accessories and our suppliers.

This is a bit confusing. Nothing in your shipping page tells me that I can't buy one of your mobile phones if I live outside the UK. It might be worth making that more clear.

I did mention in my first post that the information pages were incomplete

Thanks

Mark

I will have to scratch my head a bit on this one as to how to do it

If you post your product_info.php page, I can help you figure it out.

I did mention in my first post that the information pages were incomplete

True, you did, but this one page seemed to be relatively complete, so I thought I'd point out what appeared to be an oversight... :)

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Thanks Terry, I really appreciate it.

Here is my product_info.php file:

<?php
/*
 $Id: product_info.php,v 1.87 2002/08/24 10:36:31 project3000 Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<?php
// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
// Replaced by header_tags.php
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
?>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style1.css">
<?php include ('includes/ssl_provider.js.php'); ?>
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=150,height=150,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3" align="center">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><form name="cart_quantity" method="post" action="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<?php
 $product_info = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_bundle from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
 if (!tep_db_num_rows($product_info)) { // product not found in database
?>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><br><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND; ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td align="right"><br><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></a></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 } else {
   tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
   $product_info_values = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info);

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info_values['products_id'])) {
     $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info_values['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
   } else {
     $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info_values['products_tax_class_id']));
   }
   $products_attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($products_attributes)) {
     $products_attributes = '1';
   } else {
     $products_attributes = '0';
   }
?>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr height="40">
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $product_info_values['products_name']; ?></td>
            </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="320" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <td class="pageHeadinga" width="200"><?php echo TEXT_OUR_PRICE ?></td>
          <td class="pageHeading" width="83" align="left"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>
          <td width="37" align="center" class="main"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="<?php echo $product_info_values['products_id']; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
            </tr>

<?php
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL) {
     echo '          <tr>' . "\n" .
          '            <td colspan="2" class="pageHeading">' . $product_info_values['products_model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
          '          </tr>' . "\n";
   }
?>
       </table></table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>

<tr>
       <td class="main"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" align="right">
<?php
   if ($product_info_values['products_image'] != '') {
?>
         <tr>
           <td align="center" class="smallText">
<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info_values['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info_values['products_image'], addslashes($product_info_values['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info_values['products_image']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info_values['products_image'], $product_info_values['products_name'], PRODUCT_INFO_DISPLAY_WIDTH, PRODUCT_INFO_DISPLAY_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>
           </td>
         </tr>
<tr>
<td align="center" class="main"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="<?php echo $product_info_values['products_id']; ?>"><?php //echo tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center">
<?php
switch ($cPath){ 
case '120': 
case '125': 
case '128':
//echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'freedela.gif', 'Free Next Day Delivery on this product', '97', '138');
break; 
default:
break; 
}
?>
</td>
</tr>

<?php
   }
?>
       </table><p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info_values['products_description']); ?></p>

<!-- start bundle At the beginning of Bundle Mod Addition 21.01.2005-->          
<?php if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_bundle'])) {
?>
 <table border="0" width="65%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td>
           <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>

<td class="main" colspan="3">

<?php

if ($product_info['products_bundle'] == "yes") {
  	 $products_bundle = $product_info['products_bundle'];

echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_BY_BUNDLE . "</td></tr>";
	 $bundle_query = tep_db_query("	SELECT pd.products_name, pb.*, p.products_bundle, p.products_id, p.products_price, p.products_image
        	 FROM products p
        	 INNER JOIN products_description pd
            ON p.products_id=pd.products_id
        	 INNER JOIN products_bundles pb
            ON pb.subproduct_id=pd.products_id
        	 WHERE pb.bundle_id = " . tep_get_prid($products_id) . " and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
	 while ($bundle_data = tep_db_fetch_array($bundle_query)) {
   if ($bundle_data['products_bundle'] == "yes") {
  	 // uncomment the following line to display subproduct qty
                              echo "<br>» <b>" . $bundle_data['subproduct_qty'] . " x " . $bundle_data['products_name'] . "</b>";
  	 echo "<br>» <b> " . $bundle_data['products_name'] . "</b>";
  	 $bundle_query_nested = tep_db_query("	SELECT pd.products_name, pb.*, p.products_bundle, p.products_id, p.products_price
        	 FROM products p
        	 INNER JOIN products_description pd
            ON p.products_id=pd.products_id
        	 INNER JOIN products_bundles pb
            ON pb.subproduct_id=pd.products_id
        	 WHERE pb.bundle_id = " . $bundle_data['products_id'] . " and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*     $bundle_query_nested = tep_db_query("select pb.subproduct_id, pb.subproduct_qty, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_bundle, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id
          	 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_BUNDLES . " pb
          	 LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
          	 ON p.products_id=pb.subproduct_id
          	 where pb.bundle_id = '" . $bundle_data['subproduct_id'] . "'");      */

while ($bundle_data_nested = tep_db_fetch_array($bundle_query_nested)) {
                                    echo "<br><i>     " . $bundle_data_nested['subproduct_qty'] . " x " . $bundle_data_nested['products_name'] . "</i>";
     echo "<br><i>     " . $bundle_data_nested['products_name'] . "</i>";
     $bundle_sum += $bundle_data_nested['products_price']*$bundle_data_nested['subproduct_qty'];
  	 }
   } else {
                              echo "<tr><td class=main valign=top>";
                            echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $bundle_data['products_id']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $bundle_data['products_image'], $bundle_data['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="1" vspace="1"') . '</a>';
                            echo "</td><td class=main >» <b>" . $bundle_data['subproduct_qty'] . " x " . $bundle_data['products_name'] . '</b>   </td><td align = right class=main><b>  ' .  $currencies->display_price($bundle_data['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . "</b></td></tr>";
   //	echo "<br>» <b> " . $bundle_data['products_name'] . "</b>";
  	 $bundle_sum += $bundle_data['products_price']*$bundle_data['subproduct_qty'];
   }
	 }
	 $bundle_saving = $bundle_sum - $product_info['products_price'];
	 $bundle_sum = $currencies->display_price($bundle_sum, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
	 $bundle_saving =  $currencies->display_price($bundle_saving, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
                 // comment out the following line to hide the "saving" text
	 echo "<tr><td colspan=3 class=main><p><b>" . TEXT_RATE_COSTS . ' ' . $bundle_sum . '</b></td></tr><tr><td class=main colspan=3><font color="red"><b>' . TEXT_IT_SAVE . ' ' . $bundle_saving . '</font></b>';
   }

?>

</td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table>
<?php
   }
?>
<!-- end bundle End of  Bundle Mod Addition 21.01.2005-->

<?php
   if ($products_attributes == '1') {
     $products_options_name = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
     echo '<b>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS . '</b><br>';
     echo '<table border="0" cellpading="0" cellspacing"0">';
     while ($products_options_name_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name)) { 
       $selected = 0;
       $products_options_array = array();
       echo '<tr><td class="main">' . $products_options_name_values['products_options_name'] . ':</td><td>' . "\n"; 
       $products_options = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
       while ($products_options_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options)) {
         $products_options_array[] = array('id' => $products_options_values['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => $products_options_values['products_options_values_name']);
         if ($products_options_values['options_values_price'] != '0') {
           $products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options_values['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options_values['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info_values['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';
         }
       }
       echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name_values['products_options_id']]);
       echo '</td></tr>';
     }
     echo '</table>';
   }
?>

</td>

</tr>
<tr>

<tr>
<td class="main" valign="middle"><?php //echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PDF_DATASHEET, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id']) .'" target="_blank">' . tep_image('images/pdf.gif') .'</a>'; ?>  <?php //echo 'Click the icon to open this products pdf datasheet'; ?></td>
</tr>
<?php
//// Begin Reviews on Product Information page hack
if (MAX_REVIEWS_IN_PRODUCT_INFO <= 0) {
//// End Reviews on Product Information page hack
   $reviews = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
   $reviews_values = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews);
   if ($reviews_values['count'] > 0) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><br><?php echo TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews_values['count']; ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
   }
}

if ($product_info_values['products_url']) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($product_info_values['products_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
   }

if ($product_info_values['products_date_available'] > date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td align="center" class="smallText"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE, tep_date_long($product_info_values['products_date_available'])); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
   } else {
?>
     <tr>
       <td align="center" class="smallText"><br><?php //echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info_values['products_date_added'])); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
<?php //BEGIN prev_next code starts here ************************** 
if (session_is_registered("prev_next")){
 $pn_array=explode(",",$prev_next);
 $ac=sizeof($pn_array);
 if($ac>2){
	 for ($an=0;$an<$ac;$an++){
   if ($pn_array[$an]==$products_id){ 
  	 if ($an==0){ $prev_id=$pn_array[$ac-2]; }
     else { $prev_id=$pn_array[$an-1]; }
  	 if($an==($ac-2)){ $next_id=$pn_array[0]; }
     else { $next_id=$pn_array[$an+1]; }
   }
	 }
?>
	 <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="20" cellpadding="0">
	 <?php echo '<td align="right" class="smallText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=$prev_id") . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a></td>' . "\n"; ?>
	 <?php echo '<td align="left" class="smallText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=$next_id") . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a></td>' . "\n"; ?>
	 </table>
<?php
 }
}
//END prev_next code eof ********************************** ?>

<?php

if (MAX_REVIEWS_IN_PRODUCT_INFO > 0) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

</tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 $reviews_query = tep_db_query("select r.reviews_id, rd.reviews_text, r.reviews_rating, r.date_added, r.customers_name from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " r, " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " rd where r.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and rd.reviews_id = r.reviews_id and rd.languages_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by r.reviews_id DESC");
 $num_rows = tep_db_num_rows($reviews_query);

if ($num_rows > 0) {
   $row = 0;
   while (($reviews_values = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews_query)) && ($row < MAX_REVIEWS_IN_PRODUCT_INFO)) {
     $row++;
     $date_added = tep_date_short($reviews_values['date_added']);
?>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo sprintf(tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $reviews_values['reviews_rating'] . '.gif', sprintf(BOX_REVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS, $reviews_values['reviews_rating']))) . ' – <i>' . $reviews_values['customers_name'] . ', ' . $date_added . '</i><br>' . htmlspecialchars($reviews_values['reviews_text']) ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="smallText"><?php //echo sprintf(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_REVIEWS, '1', $row, $num_rows); ?></td>
     </tr>
<tr>
     </tr>
<tr>
<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))
{ ?>
           <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, substr(tep_get_all_get_params(), 0, -1)) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_write_review.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_WRITE_REVIEW) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php } ?>

</tr>
<?php
   if ($num_rows > MAX_REVIEWS_IN_PRODUCT_INFO) {
?>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, substr(tep_get_all_get_params(), 0, -1)); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_more_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_MORE_REVIEWS); ?></a></td>
     </tr>
<?php
   }
 } else {
?>
   <tr>
   </tr>
   <tr>
     <td class="smallText"><?php //echo TEXT_NO_REVIEWS; ?></td>
   </tr>
<?php
 }
} else {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><br><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, substr(tep_get_all_get_params(), 0, -1)); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS); ?></a></td>
           <td align="right" class="main"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="<?php echo $product_info_values['products_id']; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
         </tr>
  </table></td>
     </tr>

<?php
}

?>
     <tr>
       <td><br>
<?php
//added for cross -sell
  if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) { 
   echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600); 
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS); 
  } else { 
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS); 
     include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
   }
  }
?>
       </td>
     </tr>
   </table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php //$page_cache->end_page_cache(); ?>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Thanks

Mark

p.s. keep the reviews coming please chaps! :-"

Look for this code:

</table><p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info_values['products_description']); ?></p>

Make a BACKUP first, then try changing to:

</table><table width="90%"><tr><td><p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info_values['products_description']); ?></p></td></tr></table>

You may need to add some class spec's to your TDs so it doesn't lose its formatting, but this should get you started...

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

It's better, but now the text is running into the popup image with 800x600 resolution. Try reverting back to your original code as above, then changing this code instead:

<!-- start content //-->
<form name="cart_quantity" method="post" action="http://mobile-depot.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=612&action=add_product"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>

<!-- start content //-->
<form name="cart_quantity" method="post" action="http://mobile-depot.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=612&action=add_product"><table border="0" width="90%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>

Let me know if you try that and I can go take another look...

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Terry,

I have changed the line as suggested, but I dont think it worked.

I presume you got the code from viewing the source in your browser?

Mark

I did get the code from viewing source -- the form action might not be the same on your main product_info.php page, but you should at least be able to find the reference point.

It *does* look to me like the width has changed (correctly, without the text running into the popup image part)...

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Thanks,

You are right it does look neater.

There are a couple of things that I would like to do if you can help, I am using the whats new infobox inside the box on the farthest right of the header and would like it not to show the products if the image is a 'no image available' is used for the product.

I have also installed the x-sell contrib and would like it not to show if there are no products selected to x-sell.

Any ideas on these Terry?

Thanks

Mark :thumbsup:

I'm sure there must be a way to make those work the way you want them, but PHP is not my strongest skill... so I'll leave that advice to a coding guru, okay? :)

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Does anyone else have the time to have a look at my site and tell me if there is anything seriously amiss.

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

I like the look a lot, the only things I see (not meaning anyone else would agree) is that at the top the info boxes I just avoided looking at them because I thought they would be adverts. Then when I was looking for the shopping cart I saw that those were the info boxes.

Also, I really think if there is a "Buy Now" button it shoudl take me to the cart after the click.

Last thing would be the lower navigation, I think that should be above all the credit card, copyright stuff.

But I really think it is looking nice.

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

Archived