• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot create accounts

Clementine

Hello,

I've installed and tested OSC and now I'm getting complaints that people cannot create an account, so I checked and there is an error as follows:

"Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections."

What would cause this and where can I go to fix this error?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I've installed and tested OSC and now I'm getting complaints that people cannot create an account, so I checked and there is an error as follows:

"Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections."

What would cause this and where can I go to fix this error?

Thanks in advance!

I'm still trying to figure out the direct link to set up an account. How about posting it here? I did try the e-mail form and it would not take the e-mail address.

in Osc commerce ...ADMIN..CONFIGURATION...EMAILOPTIONS...

http://www.yoururl.com/catalog/admin/configuration.php

You will see a line ..you can alter with TRUE or FLASe..

for the store settings...

Called:

VERIFY EMAIL THROUGH DNS...

Set it to FALSE!...

and your set....

See the thing i s. with those check-ers .. is that the do not recogniose all...

known email addresses... but that problem is age old..and simply internet specific...

You'll have to deal with it...

turn it ..off ..and people can make up email addresses...

turn it on ..not everyone can loggin...

I'd say turn it off...

And just spend a little extra time for every NEW account ADDED...

just check ... (you can also use the APPROVE login Control contribution...)

for that ...customers cxan now make an account ...it gets updated in the database ...but the do not have accecs until you approverd their account ..(in your case the meail verrify...)

You can check for instance .. just use your regular email ... for the first ..WELKOM to our store..and send it manualy .. if it gets Bounced back!...withan undeliverable mail .. you just NOT approve the Account.....

And continue with New-customer 2

Hope that helps..

Let me know ..how that worked out for you,K

(PS incase you did ..turn to false...~!!)

And you still get problem ...Let me know ...I'lll look up where i have seen that bit of code ..in the scripts...of oscvommerce

alx

*UPDATE / SOLUTION:

I had contacted the hosting provider to see if there were any server upgrades and this is the response I got from them:

"The problem is that the validations.php file is saying the email address is invalid for some reason. I made a quick change so that it always returns that the address is valid, and it worked fine."

So, the problem was within the validation file... although it's not an adequate solution, at least everything will work now... not sure why this was causing the problem though.

Archived