• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin login

Mets

Hey guys,

I just did a new, fresh, first-time installation of osCommerce on my website, and it worked great. I had to patch it with Vger's Register Globals patch (which worked great!) and I'm really excited I got things working. However, it worked a little bit too well. Anybody can login to my admin screen! The setup never asked me to make an admin username/password, so all you have to do is point to the site/catalog/admin directory in your browser and you get access to all of the admin controls. Anybody know how to fix this?

Mets

Hey guys,

I just did a new, fresh, first-time installation of osCommerce on my website, and it worked great.  I had to patch it with Vger's Register Globals patch (which worked great!) and I'm really excited I got things working.  However, it worked a little bit too well.  Anybody can login to my admin screen!  The setup never asked me to make an admin username/password, so all you have to do is point to the site/catalog/admin directory in your browser and you get access to all of the admin controls.  Anybody know how to fix this?

Mets

Hey There,

Following link describes the step by step instructions on how to secure the admin directory..

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100815

Hope iti helps..

Archived