• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Title Change

Extreme50's

I Tried To Change The Page Title Of My Store To My Name And Got The Code

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/shop/includes/languages/english.php on line 79

Very Time I Try To Change Something In Here I Get This Code . Last Time I Had To Satrt All Over Again PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

// page title

define('TITLE', 'osCommerce'); To My Store Name

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

I Tried To Change The Page Title Of My Store To My Name And Got The Code

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/shop/includes/languages/english.php on line 79

Very Time I Try To Change Something In Here I Get This Code  . Last Time I Had To Satrt All Over Again PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

// page title

define('TITLE', 'osCommerce'); To My Store Name

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

do not edit your files with the standard osc file manager.

open english.php in a normal editor like notepad.

the problem is that when you want single quotes to display in a text, you need to escape them with a \. Like this :

DEFINE('THE_TEXT', 'What\'s new');

This tells php that that ' is not the end of the string definition but that it is part of the string itself and should be taken literally.

so look in your language file and find the ' occurrences within a string definition and put a \ infront of it.

the problem with the filemanager is that it strips those needed \ out of the file before saving it.

Treasurer MFC

I am having issues changing the title as well. I am not getting a parse error but I still get the same "osCommerce" title as well as "osCommerce :" title (without the quotes of course). I do not have any special characters in my code .. it looks like this :

/ page title

define('TITLE', 'Blah Blah Online Store');

any ideas? I have went through and made sure that it is set to english and i have went to verify that the english.php file has that info in it..but no luck.

Thanks,

Richard

I am having issues changing the title as well.  I am not getting a parse error but I still get the same "osCommerce" title as well as "osCommerce :" title (without the quotes of course).  I do not have any special characters in my code .. it looks like this :

/ page title

define('TITLE', 'Blah Blah Online Store');

any ideas?  I have went through and made sure that it is set to english and i have went to verify that the english.php file has that info in it..but no luck.

Thanks,

Richard

first make sure that TITLE is not defined more than ones in the same language file, if it is, php will use the last one.

in your index.php you have this line :

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

Treasurer MFC

boxtel,

It is not defined more than once and you are correct, that is the code I have in my index.php ..

You can see my example at : http://podypoe.com/catalog ..

Thanks,

Richard

I think the problem lies in the fact that you are using the STS contribution.

I don't know how that stuff works.

Treasurer MFC

Archived