• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have lost my store

I was trying to install a mod and something went very wrong :'(

ALTER TABLE products_attributes ADD products_options_sort_order int(6) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER price_prefix; ALTER TABLE products_options_values_to_products_options ADD products_options_values_sort_order int(6) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER products_options_values_id;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: size() in /home/rainyday/public_html/store/admin/includes/header.php on line 51

I was in the middle of this and had to get up so I am lost, I don't know what to do and don't want to have to go to a back up.

TIA!!!

I was trying to install a mod and something went very wrong  :'(

I was in the middle of this and had to get up so I am lost, I don't know what to do and don't want to have to go to a back up.

TIA!!!

and it is this mod http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,772/page,5

I am sure I didn't do something right. I can see my store when I go to the site, go to admin, but when I click on something it gives me the above error.

I would take this to mean you didn't. Hopefully you have access to myphp admin from your web host. You would enter the SQL query and this alters your database to fit the mod.

thanks! I don't see it in my CP but I have emailed my host to see if she can help me. :)

There should be an icon or something in your cpanel for MYSQL database. Once inside click on the databsae name for which you are using on this shop. Then there may be a button called "manage database" or something along those lines. Click that and look for an SQL tab. Click on that and it should bring up a screen that has a box labled "Run SQL query/queries on database xxxxxx". Copy and paste the contents of the SQL file in the contrib into this box and run the query. If it is successful you should be good to go. Not all PHPadmin's are the same but I think these directions should give you an idea of where to possibly look.

Above all else......BACKUP your database before running the query. Also, I hope you backed up your PHP files before you changed them to the contrib. It will save you a ton of headaches if you cannot get this working.

Hope this helps!

There should be an icon or something in your cpanel for MYSQL database. Once inside click on the databsae name for which you are using on this shop. Then there may be a button called "manage database" or something along those lines. Click that and look for an SQL tab. Click on that and it should bring up a screen that has a box labled "Run SQL query/queries on database xxxxxx". Copy and paste the contents of the SQL file in the contrib into this box and run the query. If it is successful you should be good to go. Not all PHPadmin's are the same but I think these directions should give you an idea of where to possibly look.

Above all else......BACKUP your database before running the query. Also, I hope you backed up your PHP files before you changed them to the contrib. It will save you a ton of headaches if you cannot get this working.

Hope this helps!

ok i did that and went over and rechecked all files but it seems something else is still wrong.. new set of errors..

the ones that show in the store itself can be seen here

www.thekitncaboodle.com/store

and then when i try to enter the admin i get this message..

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/rainyday/public_html/store/admin/includes/header.php on line 77

any help would be greatly appreciated.. i am on the verge of ripping my hair out. lol i hate to think I will loose all this work :'(

ok i did that and went over and rechecked all files but it seems something else is still wrong.. new set of errors..

the ones that show in the store itself can be seen here

www.thekitncaboodle.com/store

and then when i try to enter the admin i get this message..

any help would be greatly appreciated.. i am on the verge of ripping my hair out. lol i hate to think I will loose all this work  :'(

I also wanted to add this is what i came up with when i ran the query

Error

SQL-query:

ALTER TABLE products_attributes ADD products_options_sort_order int( 6 ) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER price_prefix

MySQL said: 

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_options_sort_order'

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php on line 682

Archived