• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation problem

hydveda

Hi, I am trying to install OSCommerce on IIS 6.0. I get an error, you cannot even call that an error, when i enter the host address, username, password and database name and hit next i do not see anything on the next screen except two lines saying

New Installation

Database Import

Does any one have any idea what to do to resolve this problem?

Regards,

Sundeep.

Hi, I am trying to install OSCommerce on IIS 6.0. I get an error, you cannot even call that an error, when i enter the host address, username, password and database name and hit next i do not see anything on the next screen except two lines saying

New Installation

Database Import

Regards,

Sundeep.

Do you have PHP and MySQL installed on this server?

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

I would suggest apache run along side with php.net / mysql 4.1.4 gamma, as i have worked on this for 2 days with WIN2k3 Server and failed untill i did above, Ill take this to private message if you wish, over MESSENGER.

New Installation

Database Import

Regards,

Sundeep.

I am not an expert with osCommerce but what you describe would indicate the server is running PHP5...

The configuration file for PHP (/etc/httpd/php.ini) needs to have:

register_long_arrarys = On

And I dare say you will need to use a fix in osCommerce to change the requirement for register_globals as I would guess the server also has it set to off.

If you have access to the server (yours) change register_globals = On

This would be a short term fix as PHP is dropping both soon..

Hope it helps

Dave

Archived