• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

multiple admin access

Forkboy

ok, Ive search every contrib section and this board w/ this (and many other combos of these words) and can't find out how to do this.

My client needs to be able to get into the Admin Panel, but I don't want to gove out the user/password I used to set it up (I've used this user/password on other jobs).

So how do I do this? I tried to add a user in the database through MySQL Account Maintenance in Cpanel, but I tied the it and it says UNAUTHORIZED.

When I created the user it made it as sitename_********. But when I tried to login I used just ********. Wasn't able to login, Tried sitename_******** to login, still nothing.

Any ideas?

I figured it out through my passwprd protect in the cpanel.

Thank you, calmahomer for at least trying to help me. :thumbsup:

:angry:

[rant]

And I just would like to say to all the "Long Time Members" alot of us are newbies and even the simplist (or stupid to you) questions we post, that you ignore, makes it hard to believe that this is a HELP FORUM!

I know some of the questions aren't even Oscommerce questions, but you all have been doing this alot longer than some of us and we could use your expertise.

Just think about it, a good portion of people setting up a oscommerce site are not code writers or certified webmasters. You where a newbie once too and alot of people said "just play around w/ it, you'll get it" and you probably did, but why make someone who is begging for help, do that. It could make them just dump the idea of using Oscommerce and go w/ something else.

[\rant] :mellow:

Tony,

<rant action="respond">

First, you're assuming a lot of the "Long Time Members" ignored you. When I came in here, there were only 34 views of this thread. It doesn't say who they were.

Second, calmahomer answered your question in less than 30 minutes. I don't use cPanel but my guess is that you clicked on the cPanel buttons and cPanel updated your .htaccess file or something like it.

Third (more like a follow on to First and Second), since calmahomer gave a very reasonable answer and you didn't respond to say you couldn't act on his exact suggestion, there was no reason for anyone, Long Timer or Newbie, to post anything different.

Fourth, nobody is forced to use osCommerce. It requires some interest and ability to modify source code, even if that means just doing cutting and pasting as directed. It requires use of ftp, text editor, and graphics tools, as well as a certain comfortableness with Web based tools like the osCommerce admin.

There is some small assumption that if you can download osCommerce, unzip, get a website, ftp the app up, set up a database, run through the install, remove the stock data, and set up your own products, you are a couple of steps above the regular Netizen. I don't think that assumption is unwarranted. If you can't do those basic steps, you should set up a Yahoo, PayPal, etc. store. Not because we're elitists but because you have to have some ability to learn these basic web development skills or osCommerce is useless to you.

None of this is to say the Long Timers don't and shouldn't help Newbies. They do for many reasons. Paying their dues from when they were a Newbie, drumming up business for their web development company, the love of a challenging contrib or problem, ego boosting, etc. But not a single one of them has to help.

You got an answer in under 30 minutes. Some people never get answers.

</ rant>

ed

:angry:

[rant]

And I just would like to say to all the "Long Time Members"  alot of us are newbies and even the simplist (or stupid to you) questions we post, that you ignore, makes it hard to believe that this is a HELP FORUM!

I know some of the questions aren't even Oscommerce questions, but you all have been doing this alot longer than some of us and we could use your expertise.

Just think about it, a good portion of people setting up a oscommerce site are not code writers or certified webmasters. You where a newbie once too and alot of people said "just play around w/ it, you'll get it" and you probably did, but why make someone who is begging for help, do that. It could make them just dump the idea of using Oscommerce and go w/ something else.

[\rant] :mellow:

Hope you're feeling better.

These forums have provided help for a lot of people (as ZZ TOP sing, for "kings, queens, and in-betweens" :P )--and have raised many a newbie to higher levels of understanding. Sure, we've all had questions go unanswered--but there is no conspiracy against newbs. *No conspiracy.* Personally, as a member of the newb fraternity myself, I am grateful for all the excellent advice that I've gotten here.

If you're having trouble getting satisfaction for your cPanel questions, you might be able to do better at their forums:

http://forums.cpanel.net/

Cheers.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Sorry if I offended anybody, and Ed, you are correct, however I think I checked back this morning and it had about 29 views, I thought that was quite alot. Even though calmaholmer did post, I read it as another question, not an answer. Could just be me :huh: but a blanket statment, like "use the .htaccess" doesn't answer the question "How Do I Do This". Sorry, I may have just took it wrong.

Tony,

You got an answer in under 30 minutes.  Some people never get answers.

ed

Your stament at the end was, I guess, my whole point. With all the seasoned vets here and all the people logged in at all hours, I guess there would be just a little more help. You know what they say about those who ASSume! :D

Hope you're feeling better.

These forums have provided help for a lot of people (as ZZ TOP sing, for "kings, queens, and in-betweens" :P )--and have raised many a newbie to higher levels of understanding. Sure, we've all had questions go unanswered--but there is no conspiracy against newbs. *No conspiracy.* Personally, as a member of the newb fraternity myself, I am grateful for all the excellent advice that I've gotten here.

If you're having trouble getting satisfaction for your cPanel questions, you might be able to do better at their forums:

http://forums.cpanel.net/

Cheers.

Thanks bglkk, I don't think it's a *conspiracy*. :blush:

Tony,

My answer was aimed at more than just you. I hope I didn't come on too hard. I am glad you got your fix AND you posted it. Some people get the answer and never post it, leaving people with the same problem with no solution causing them to re-ask...

Take care,

Ed

Archived