osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] FCKosc 2.2 Support

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for the code. After installing everything worked fine - exept: images. If I try to access images or uplaod images, I recieve a javascript error: XML request error: Internal Server Error(500). This message appears, If I want "browse server" for images.

Any ideas?

Torsten

Hello!

I have uploaded a new version of this contribution. The one that was avalible was built on FCKeditor RC3. That version had many bugs in it.

The new version (V2fc) has a lot of fixes, including the upload of images. I also switched the image upload connector from asp to php. I also included an upload directory for images. It should work properly now.

The browse server function, in the image insert popup, will only show you images in the upload directory, not the entire server.

Finally make sure you have full read and write access to the upload folder.

I hope this helps.

Hi Jody,

Great contribution! I've waited a long time for a Gecko compatible editor :thumbsup:

I have just uploaded information on the upgrade of FCKosc2.2 to version 2fc.

I can't find the version you're talking about. Neither on the fck site nor on sourceforge. Could you please post the link to this latest version. Thanks.

Here some critique (meant to be constructive :-" )

Your installation instructions are sometimes a little confusing.

STEP 1 -->  Fresh OSC install: Copy the ENTIRE CONTENTS CATALOG folder into your CATALOG folder.

Modified OSC install: Seach for "fckeditor" in the included files.

================================================================================

====

STEP 2 --> edit /admin/functions/html_output.php line 263

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'path/from/webserver/root/to/FCKeditor/';) ( 

================================================================================

====

STEP 3 --> edit /admin/FCKeditor/fckeditor.php line 38

$this->BasePath  = 'path/from/webserver/root/to/FCKeditor/' ;

======

STEP 4 --> Must SET Full Read Write RWRWRW (777 Permission) on the define_mainpage.php

(IN YOUR CATALOG/INCLUDES/LANGUAGE FOLDERS)

====

STEP 5 --> Watch for other contributions to become FCKeditor enabled!

Here you speak about "path/from/webserver/root/to/FCKeditor/" and on your website's file depository it is said "path/from/public_html/to/FCKeditor/". And somewhere else you even use the URL directly instead of the path :blush:

Sometimes I had the impression that the FCKeditor folder is in catalog/ and at other times it is supposed to be in catalog/admin/?

I know, writing documentation is a time consuming thing, but maybe you would be willing to consider making everything more consistent.

Thanks again for your great contribution.

Hello!

The latest version of FCKosc 2.2 is FCKosc 2.2 V2fc. I have had some trouble uploading this version to the contribution area. Sorry about the confusion.

I will be using FCkeditor's version numbering from now on. It helps ID the editor number in the zip file.

I do keep the most current version in the Script Depository, on my web site, for reference. I also mirror the download there.

I will correct the install instructions ASAP. I have a stand alone copy of OSC that I develop on. I also check everything on a modulized copy running in PHP-Nuke and soon in PostNuke. Every one of them points to a different FCKeditor location.

"path/from/webserver/root" and "path/from/public_html/" is the same thing. In the next release I will set up the editor's path for a common install with notes how to change it.

The editor is in /catalog/admin. If you change the location just edit the path in steps 2 and 3. I will also address this in the next release.

I will never take offence to sugestions, that is the spirit this contribution offered in.

Thank You!

Hi there,

I love FCKeditor and it was so easy to install in OSC :)

However, unfortunately the guy who will be doing the updating can't see the editor. He's using the AOL browser <_< on Windows and all he gets is the box but the editor just doesn't load.

We checked his settings and he's got all the same stuff enabled as I do and I can use the editor in IE and Firefox without a prob....

have you come across this problem before and do you have a solution?

I'm going to try to get him to use IE instead, but he doesn't seem too keen on changing..

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Thanx,

Buesi

Hello!

I looked at the FCKeditor forums to see if there were any issues with AOL's editor. I did not find any. AOL uses IE as the base for their editor. As far as I know FCKeditor should work.

I do have a few ideas tho:

1) Does he have a popup blocker running? If so try disabling it.

2) Does he have javascript enabled? the editor does use java to display.

3) Try clearing his cache file. Cache was an issue with RC3 of the editor.

Please keep me informed as to if any of this helps. We might be dealing with a new bug.

I hope this helps.

Hi and thanks for getting back so quickly!

Javascript and Java were enabled - his internet settings were the same as mine. I'll keep the other tips in mind in case it happens again!

In the meantime (overnight) he's reformatted his hard disk , reinstalled Windows, installed AOL 9 and the editor is working fine.... Kinda drastic measures I thought but it seems it was some setting on his pc.

I did send him to check if he could see the demo on the FCKeditor website and I don't know what the result of that was but I'm assuming he wasn't seeing that either.

If I find out more, I'll post it here but I guess it's not a bug :)

Thanx,

Buesi

Hello!

HTMLarea has only worked in IE. I did see a version3 that was suposed to work with Netscape / FireFox.

I would say the difference realy lies in the impact on OsCommerce. HTMLarea requires many lines of code to be edited and changes to the database. Upgrading is much harder and the more you have to edit in a file, the greater the risk of conflicting with another contribution.

FCKeditor requires no changes to the database. In many cases I was required to add 3 lines of code and edit 1 line to enable the editor. This means there is a much lower chance of conflicts. The editor is built so that upgrades are easy.

The reason I created this contribution is because of using HTMLarea. I liked not having to hand code HTML.

I hope this answers your questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, getting a message that define_mainpage cannot be found.

Here are my server spec's

RedHat 3ES, PHP 4.3.10.

Have all of the define_mainpage.php files chmod'd to 777

Have made the basepath to the catalog correct in html_output.php

This was put on a clean install of osCommerce with only the global registers turned off and the patch for osCommerce applied to it.

computrguru sent me a replacement define_mainpage.php for my languages folders.

Anyone have a clue on how to fix this? Really would like to get this working.

Thanks

Ok, got the answer to my problem..

Seems some servers don't like this statement:

$this->BasePath  = 'path/from/webserver/root/to/FCKeditor/';

Some like it just fine without the first "/" and others like it with it..

My installation didn't have the initial "/" and now it does in both locations that you need to adjust the path per the instructions.

So, try with and without the leading / and see if that corrects your problem if you run into the same one I have.

I can use some help installing FCK 2.2 in "Information Pages Unlimited v1.1i"

I had htmlarea and trying to put FCK. Ive been trying for 2 days now, I have FCK installed in the Newsdesk contrib, seems to be fine so I will wait a few days before posting.

Thanks

Jimmy

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed the latest (May 3) version and it seems to work well except for the image browser. When I click the insert image icon, then browse, it shows me the basic browser (doesn't work) but with this JavaScript error:

Line: 118
Char: 2
Error: Object required
Code: 0
URL: http://www.mydomain.com/admin/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/frmresourceslist.html

That line is the next to the last in this function:

function GetFoldersAndFilesCallBack( fckXml )
{
// Get the current folder path.
var oNode = fckXml.SelectSingleNode( 'Connector/CurrentFolder' );
var sCurrentFolderPath	= oNode.attributes.getNamedItem('path').value;
var sCurrentFolderUrl	= oNode.attributes.getNamedItem('url').value;

I would appreciate any ideas :'(

David

Edited by DavidR

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed FCKosc 2.2 and I am getting a 404 error where the Product Description should go.

The page looks fine for adding products except for the erroe showing in that area.

In the install instructions ther is a note about copyin databases before adding SQL statements, I did not see any sql file, did I miss it? or do I have a javascript problem? or ???

Jeff

Hello coinwebstore,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

The 404 error you are seeing is bacuse your path to FCKeditor is set wrong. Double check that it is pionting to the correct location. If the path is correct, add a "/" in front of the path. If there is a "/" at the front of the path, try removing it.

Hope this helps,

Jody (computrguru)

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome to the support forum for FCKosc 2.2:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2987

This is my first contribution to the OSC community.  Please also post any ides or suggestions you might have.

Thank You!

Jody (computrguru)

http://www.total-computer-solutionz.com

Thanks, just installed it after almost a whole day of trying to get HTMLarea 3.0 going (and I consider myself a programmer :blush: ). Your install worked first time and I've just started entering products.

The thing I like most so far (apart from the fact that it worked first time), is that it copies the html across when I copy and paste from another site. 90% of my stock, I can get details from my suppliers websites. The ability to copy their formatting rocks!

Thankyou!

Thanks, just installed it after almost a whole day of trying to get HTMLarea 3.0 going (and I consider myself a programmer :blush: ).  Your install worked first time and I've just started entering products.

The thing I like most so far (apart from the fact that it worked first time), is that it copies the html across when I copy and paste from another site.  90% of my stock, I can get details from my suppliers websites.  The ability to copy their formatting rocks!

Thankyou!

Hmm, thing I liked most about it has now stopped working. :(

For some reason, I can't cut, paste or copy text when viewing the formatting (I can when in code mode). In fact, there are a number of buttons that aren't working any more. They are: Document Properties, all the Cut/Copy/Paste/Etc, Spellcheck, Undo, Redo, Select All and Horizontal Line.

Any idea what's turned them off? They all worked a couple of hours ago.

Hmm, thing I liked most about it has now stopped working. :(

For some reason, I can't cut, paste or copy text when viewing the formatting (I can when in code mode).  In fact, there are a number of buttons that aren't working any more.  They are: Document Properties, all the Cut/Copy/Paste/Etc, Spellcheck, Undo, Redo, Select All and Horizontal Line.

Any idea what's turned them off?  They all worked a couple of hours ago.

Apparently, what I'm experienced is a known problem and has been fixed in the latest version of FCKeditor. Details are here: http://www.fckeditor.net/whatsnew/default.html and here: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?f...348&atid=543653

Is there an ETA on getting this contribution updated to the latest FCKeditor code?

• 1 month later...

This is just a note for people using FCKEditor under SSL:

I was getting errors while using the absolute paths as described in the install instructions, and all worked fine when I changed them to relative paths (eg. https://www.mysite.com).

The only thing I can?t say is if this change works for shared SSL certificates.

Otherwise, this Editor is far more stable and easy to setup than the ohters I?ve tried.

Thank?s for the work!

Claudio

To upload files to the server you will also need to:

1) chmod 0777 the directory you want to upload to.

Where's made this directory on the server ??? how its named pls gve more data...

Directorys:

Files

Images

Flash

???????

Where are those directorys ....

Bad english :)

Edited by vladone

To upload files to the server you will also need to:

1) chmod 0777 the directory you want to upload to.

Where's made this directory on the server ??? how its named pls gve more data...

Directorys:

Files

Images

Flash

???????

Where are those directorys ....

Bad english :)

I'm pretty sure that's referring to the install directory. Where you uploaded FCKEditor to.

Hi,

Almost everything is working fine with FCK2.2. It's a great contrib :thumbsup:

I only have a small issue with inserting an image.

When i click on the insert image button i get a pop-up with three tabs.

On the first tab you can click on "Browse on server"

When i click it i get a screen were i should be able to upload an image.

When i'm trying to upload an image it's not working.

When i try to create i get an error that i don't have the permission to create a directory.

Also i don't see any directory's in the right column.

My shop is running from the root so i don't have removed the catalog directory.

I run FCKeditor V2.00 RC3 for OsCommerce 2.2

Is there a setting i need to change.

How do i solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fantom