• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trying to bypass actual product page

Hello. I am using the product_listing_col contribution which shows multiple columns for each color of a specific product. I am also using the buy now button and would like to bypass the actual product page for each color of a certain item.

This is what I would like to do:

On this Page

Make clicking on the image actually popup the image and clicking on the buy now button actualy move the item to the shopping cart.

Any idea on where to start looking ? Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Rick

Hello. I am using the product_listing_col contribution which shows multiple columns for each color of a specific product. I am also using the buy now button and would like to bypass the actual product page for each color of a certain item.

This is what I would like to do:

On this Page

Make clicking on the image actually popup the image and clicking on the buy now button actualy move the item to the shopping cart.

Any idea on where to start looking ? Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Rick

Bump

I would like to bypass the product page. Clicking on the image takes the user to the product page, I would like to change that to make clicking on the image popup_image.php?=pID=number instead of taking you to the product description page.

Thanks

I am needing to change this code here :

$lc_text= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing_values['products_image'], $listing_values['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br>

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id']) . '">' . $listing_values['products_name'] . '</a><br>';

To Something like this that works:

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>

But when I add the code above my images are not loading. I have modified and tried this:

$lc_text= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing_values['products_image'], $listing_values['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br>

But I cant seem to get the Java Script to work. Any help is really appreciated!

Archived