• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Able to write to configure.php

Patriarch K

I have changed my chrmod to 644 in my FTP client (CuteFTP) but the:

"Varning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /customers/xxx.se/xxx.se/httpd.www/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

...still exist. How can i get rid of it?

I have changed my chrmod to 644 in my FTP client (CuteFTP) but the:

"Varning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /customers/xxx.se/xxx.se/httpd.www/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

...still exist. How can i get rid of it?

Are you sure the permissions are really being changed? Check from the file manager in your hosting control panel. Are you on a windows server? If so you probably are not allowed to change the permissions and you will need to have your hosting company do it for you.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Im not "sure" they are beeing changed, but when i change to 644 it appears 644 next time i look, but when i write 444 then it appears 644 when i look. Yes, it is a windows based server. Maybe i have to contact my host then...

Im not "sure" they are beeing changed, but when i change to 644 it appears 644 next time i look, but when i write 444 then it appears 644 when i look. Yes, it is a windows based server. Maybe i have to contact my host then...

instead of actually typing the numbers into the boxes to represent the 444, you have to adjust the checkmarks to make the permissions equal 444.

i hope you know what i'm talking about!

i got to my permissions through the file manager of my web host.

Yes i know what you're talking about, but it still doesn't work. And i don't have a permission panel at my webhost.

Have you heard from your hosting company yet? The few times I have had to work on a site on a windows server the hosting company needed to be the one to change the permissions.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Have you heard from your hosting company yet? The few times I have had to work on a site on a windows server the hosting company needed to be the one to change the permissions.

Nope, haven't heard from them yet. They won't answer today because it is night very soon. Guess i'll have an answer in 12 hours.

Archived